Step 1 Sole Source + Stopping cwp for healthy eating??

chloe0214

Has anyone stopped cwp with 2 stone still to loose but continuing with healthy eating and exercise,
I'm honestly fed up with this Diet now and I've done fine for 13 weeks but this week I'm always hungry, thinking of food and angry and sad :(

Id talk to your CDC, ask them to take you up a couple of steps so that you can enjoy some healthy food for maybe a week or two then drop back down to the step you're on now.

Have you been doing SS? I did SS a few years ago and felt like that; I hated every second and almost resented the diet but loved the results. This time I'm doing 810 (been doing it for 11 weeks now) and have very rarely felt that way. It's a small, not overly interesting meal but it makes such a difference! I think moving up a plan would be a better option than stopping altogether. To have the best chance of maintaining your weight loss you need to move up the stabilisation plans, so coming off totally without moving up first wouldn't be the best idea. And remind yourself of how well you have done and how strong a person you must be, so you CAN do this :) x

Thanks for the replies I'm on ss+, the problem I have is that it's not the evening meal that fills me up its going all day with no breakfast or lunch :( how have your losses been on 810. Do you think going upto step 3 for a week or 2 then trying to go back to Ss+ would work, I've just moved areas and had to change cc so the new cc is away on holiday so I haven't Evan met her yet I just managed to get 4 weeks supply of her husband so the 4 weeks doing it alone is not good as my weekly weigh in and little talk with my old cc would motivate me for the week : (

Can you find another consultant to see in the meantime? We all need the weekly support, but it sounds like you would particularly benefit from it at the moment. I have lost 42lb in 10 weeks of 810 so averaging just over 4lb a week. It's not that different to SS+ I don't think though, although you get a milk or yoghurt allowance and higher protein weights, but you still wouldn't get breakfast or lunch. Step 3 might be a good option for you as you get breakfast, lunch and dinner plus 2 products. It might help you feel as though you're eating more "normally". It would definitely be worth a try before you decide to stop Cambridge. I'd advise going up to 810 for a week, then to step 3 as this interim week will help stop regaining glycogen stores too quickly which would temporarily appear as a weight gain on the scales, which is likely to only demotivate you more. A week or a few weeks on step 3 might give you your mojo back and keep you going, after which time you might feel able to drop down the plans again, or might want to continue on step 3, but I'd just take each week as it comes.

How much weight have you lost and how much more do you hope to lose?

Laura x

I got to 14lb off target, went to step 2 for a week, then to step 3 , and now step 4, have lost another 8lb in 4 weeks, not as quick as SS or SS+, but far easier to be sociable and normal :)

I am moving up every two weeks then will try and follow a low carb healthy eating plan (I lost 2 stone 2 years ago with healthy eating and exercise, not as quickly as Cambridge, but I was more toned)

I've lost 3 stone 1lbs would like to loose another 2 1/2 stone but 2 more I'd be well happy :) on the 810 isit same as ss+ and the milk or yougurt ontop of your meal??? Like could i have the yogurt like as a breakfast sort of thing?? Sorry for all the ????

I got to 14lb off target, went to step 2 for a week, then to step 3 , and now step 4, have lost another 8lb in 4 weeks, not as quick as SS or SS+, but far easier to be sociable and normal :)

That's what I mean I'm starting to feel more comfortable with myself now so wouldn't mind loosing it slower,
But as long as I loose it i will be fine, at the moment there's so many social events I'm missing out on as I'm afraid of not fitting in and it's really getting me down now :( also Sunday i have to go to a 3 course meal bday party which I've known about for months now so I really want to enjoy myself also as a little reward on my 13 weeks without cheating and loosing 3 stone :) but at the same time I'm worried if i get a taste for "real" food again I won't get back on plan 100 %

Can you find another consultant to see in the meantime? We all need the weekly support, but it sounds like you would particularly benefit from it at the moment. I have lost 42lb in 10 weeks of 810 so averaging just over 4lb a week. It's not that different to SS+ I don't think though, although you get a milk or yoghurt allowance and higher protein weights, but you still wouldn't get breakfast or lunch. Step 3 might be a good option for you as you get breakfast, lunch and dinner plus 2 products. It might help you feel as though you're eating more "normally". It would definitely be worth a try before you decide to stop Cambridge. I'd advise going up to 810 for a week, then to step 3 as this interim week will help stop regaining glycogen stores too quickly which would temporarily appear as a weight gain on the scales, which is likely to only demotivate you more. A week or a few weeks on step 3 might give you your mojo back and keep you going, after which time you might feel able to drop down the plans again, or might want to continue on step 3, but I'd just take each week as it comes.

How much weight have you lost and how much more do you hope to lose?

Laura x

Well done on your loss that's amazing, and you've lost same amount as me and in quicker time as I've been on plan 13 weeks now! So I have a lot to loose if you don't mind me asking??

Yeah 8 1/2 stone altogether so it's likely to be quicker, but when I did SS a few years ago I started at a similar weight and I'd say my losses have been just as good this time. So like for like I don't think there's much difference in the weight loss. Having done Cambridge before I would really advise moving up the plans instead of stopping. I lost 5 1/2 stone last time and wanted to lose another 1 1/2 stone so came off and planned to do my own healthy eating. Clearly that plan did not work as I wouldn't be back here now lol Stabilisation and maintenance are so so important, much more so than the weight loss in my mind.

You could have the yoghurt as breakfast if you wanted, maybe with a bar too? I add a pinch of the water flavouring to my yoghurt and it tastes lovely! Definitely don't use more than a pinch though, otherwise you'll feel as though you have a whole pack of refresher sweets tingling away in your mouth hehe

I really understand the feeling out of place thing. Weirdly, the only person who knows I'm doing Cambridge is my consultant! I live on my own which makes it easier and I'm a community midwife so I spend all day driving around visiting pregnant women and new mums which means I'm on my own at lunch time and can easily have a bar with no one knowing. My friends/family think I'm doing my own low cal/low fat/low carb/healthy eating diet so if I eat in front of them it's fairly easy to stick to 810. I have had quite a few dinners out (a wedding, a date, dinner with a friend, friends coming over for takeaway, etc) that haven't been 810 though, although I've tried to eat as healthy and low carb as possible, and I had a whole 2 days off plan in July when I went to Wimbledon. So I've not stuck to it 100% but all my "cheats" have been planned in advance (which I always think is better than spur of the moment eating) and I get straight back on track. I find it easy getting back into it, but I know not everyone finds the same.

I'd really consider moving to step 2 or 3, even if it's just a temporary change to give you a break from SS+. If you're feeling happy and don't mind losing slower you'll probably love it, and from what other's have said I think you can still expect to lose 2-3lb per week. Don't give in, you've done so well!! x

I lost 3 stone in 12 weeks on ss and ss+, I had another 16 to 20 lb to lose, but am happy to do it slowly and healthily, I felt I needed to start eating again,but am staying away from carbs, have the occasional glass of wine, but trying to stick to salads, veggies and protein :) and 1 product, it does seem to be working I have lost 8 lb since off ss and have far more energy and feel happier and more sociable :)

Start weight 12st 4lb
Current weight 9st 7lb
Goal 8st 13lb (or 8st 7lb)

I'm only 5'1" :)

Also had 2 weeks holiday and put on 7lb which I lost again the first week back - step 3 :)

Hi Mandy, your 2 weeks holiday did you literally eat what u wanted, tomorrow I have a 3
Course bday meal to attend and have never been off plan I really want to enjoy it and fit in with others but really don't know what to eat!! And should i come off plan all day or do my 3 products and just have the meal in the evening??

Yeah 8 1/2 stone altogether so it's likely to be quicker, but when I did SS a few years ago I started at a similar weight and I'd say my losses have been just as good this time. So like for like I don't think there's much difference in the weight loss. Having done Cambridge before I would really advise moving up the plans instead of stopping. I lost 5 1/2 stone last time and wanted to lose another 1 1/2 stone so came off and planned to do my own healthy eating. Clearly that plan did not work as I wouldn't be back here now lol Stabilisation and maintenance are so so important, much more so than the weight loss in my mind.

You could have the yoghurt as breakfast if you wanted, maybe with a bar too? I add a pinch of the water flavouring to my yoghurt and it tastes lovely! Definitely don't use more than a pinch though, otherwise you'll feel as though you have a whole pack of refresher sweets tingling away in your mouth hehe

I really understand the feeling out of place thing. Weirdly, the only person who knows I'm doing Cambridge is my consultant! I live on my own which makes it easier and I'm a community midwife so I spend all day driving around visiting pregnant women and new mums which means I'm on my own at lunch time and can easily have a bar with no one knowing. My friends/family think I'm doing my own low cal/low fat/low carb/healthy eating diet so if I eat in front of them it's fairly easy to stick to 810. I have had quite a few dinners out (a wedding, a date, dinner with a friend, friends coming over for takeaway, etc) that haven't been 810 though, although I've tried to eat as healthy and low carb as possible, and I had a whole 2 days off plan in July when I went to Wimbledon. So I've not stuck to it 100% but all my "cheats" have been planned in advance (which I always think is better than spur of the moment eating) and I get straight back on track. I find it easy getting back into it, but I know not everyone finds the same.

I'd really consider moving to step 2 or 3, even if it's just a temporary change to give you a break from SS+. If you're feeling happy and don't mind losing slower you'll probably love it, and from what other's have said I think you can still expect to lose 2-3lb per week. Don't give in, you've done so well!! x

Also do you have any advice/tips for me?
Tomorrow I have a 3 course bday meal to attend and really want to enjoy the day as I've stuck to this 100% now And at the same time I don't want this massive gain :( should incompletely come of plan? Or stick to normal plan then the evening bday meal really confused???
Sorry for all the ?????

I ate what I wanted on holiday within reason (had fish and chips, curry but also lots of salads, I stayed away from sweet stuff, apart from 1 ice cream, I had a few alcoholic drinks, crisps, nuts and nibbles - when I got home I was 7lb heavier and felt really miserable, but a week of sticking to step 3 it had all gone. Now on step 4, soon to move up, still eating very few carbs, it seems to be working for me.
Once off CD I plan to follow a low carb diet, and eat as healthily as possible (easier said than done!) but I also know if I put on a few pounds a couple of weeks of being good I should lose it again.

With regard to your 3 course bday meal, do what feels right for you, when I had meals out I couldn't manage 3 products as well, so just had 1 or 2 - enjoy your meal :)

Hi Chloe, how was the bday meal? Hope you enjoyed it :)

Thanks. It weren't as bad as I thought It would be, I was panicking over it, but I stuck to plan and only ate some salad and chicken also had a few olives!!
But seeing as I sort of broke my 100% I'm planning moving up to step 2 810 : ) this week

Back