STRANDED, is it ever gonna end?

mechmanuk

johnboy
Woke up this morning only to find like a foot of snow maybe more, and bein self employed its not a happy site. The power nearly went off through the night and the next village down from us lost there electricity today. Ive Been out all day helping to clear the road, pity alot of folk didnt feel the same (shame on them) but looking at the road through our village i maybe be stuck at home for another day or two.
Anyone else had this amount of snow, look at the pics lol mad.

Attachments

• main road from coop.jpg
    main road from coop.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 154
  • drive.jpg
    drive.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 157
No where near as much as you thank goodness!! It's manageable where i live although i think the school will be closed tomorrow. I went shopping last night and bought in lots of supplies so i'm not tempted by rubbish being stuck in the house!

yes we have as much if not more lol first delivery from asda sunday lol will just have to make do with whats in house but running out fast :(

That looks similar to how much we've had here. I personally am loving it, but then I'm in a town rather than a village, and only five minutes walk (nearer 15 in this weather...) from the local shops including a Tesco Express, and am a trainee teacher so whilst it's a bit of a pain, I'm not going to suffer financially by being unable to get to work. I can totally appreciate that it's an absolute nightmare for others though.

However, on the bright side, it does seem to have brought out a lot of community spirit here, which is always nice to see!!

Whereas here in Manc there's like 1 centimetre. And my school is in Cheshire and there's even less snow there- not fair, I want a snow day! Also it's quite difficult to teach kids who are all hyper from snowball fights and when it does start snowing they're all too busy staring out of the window to listen to their boring old French teacher!

I live near sheff... absolute nightmare! I think I'd probably be underestimating if I said we had twice as much snow as in those pics... more like 3 times? No buses... no trains.... Me and my kids are stranded at my parents house even though we only live in the next village cos it's just too crazy to attempt to get home!!!
Haha at least at this rate the diet will take care of itself cos we're running out of food!! (Although I have spied a tin of xmas chocs in the cupboard....hmmm)

My sister is in Sheffield, no roads gritted where she is, no buses, postman not making it up her 1:4 road...She sent me some piccies and its crazy. Hope the big dumps steer clear of Birmingham

I appear to be living in some kind of parallel universe. We had some snow on Tuesday morning, but that went quickly, and now it is cold and windy but dry.

I keep seeing cars with snow on their roofs, and I know that places less than 20 miles from here have had quite a bit, but we seem to be lucky so far (I may be tempting providence!).

Personally, I put it down to the fact that there is a brand new, never been used, bright red snow shovel standing to attention in my garage, just waiting to be used. (I think it is working on the umbrella insurance principle - if you have one with you it doesn't rain!)

Well it has snowed incessantly here for 5 days. The schools have been closed all this week and will be closed again tomorrow. Now I like a snowday as much as the next teacher - and almost as much as a child - BUT this is a bit silly now. For about the first time ever I haven't brought work home either as I was in a rush on Friday. Feels like it has been a bit of a wasted week.

Weve not had much snow here in Liverpool so no chance of a snow day off work and school for us?!?! But i would hate to be snowed in!!

Take care of yourselves xxxx

i work for nursery and poor kids wanted to play in snow, its a tiny amount, cant even make snowman or snow ball. its snowing but its dusty snow that blows around, i want real snow, can i swop with someone? please.. i got snowsuit and all sorts and no snow

get up here women, but please bring a few artic lorries with ya and take it back with ya luvley lol

We've not even had 1cm its rubbish I want snow lol

Have 15inches at my house and missed work, I can't afford financially to miss so I'm getting really p.off at this stage, tomorrow will be my third day off, got supplies of food but I feel like I'm just wasting my time at home grrr hope it clears by the weekend :(

i work for nursery and poor kids wanted to play in snow, its a tiny amount, cant even make snowman or snow ball. its snowing but its dusty snow that blows around, i want real snow, can i swop with someone? please.. i got snowsuit and all sorts and no snow

We've not even had 1cm its rubbish I want snow lol
You can have some of the snow we've had here - absolute nightmare - got over a foot of the stuff and more to come apparently :rolleyes: Flaming typical when its my busiest week for ages and I'm snowed in :cool:

I can't afford financially to miss so I'm getting really p.off at this stage

i know how ya feel, not only do we get snowed in but depression then kicks in and takes over your routine.

Why cant the goverment / councils pay our farmers to go round ploughing with there big machines instead of just subsidising there empty fields? its crazy.

We live on top of a hill and a few of us were out yesterday clearing the road so we can get out when it gets better, i saw a guy walking up the road who lived very close to where we were clearing and i commented,
"get ya shovel out john m8"
and his reply was
"my cars going nowhere"
so bein who i am, i quickly replied
"oh right thats okay then, and i suppose youll want one of us to fetch your candles, food and such like when the village stores run out if it come to that ya selfish pig."
guess what he just laughed and said it'll not get that bad lol what a moron.

Back