Strange veg!

I love celeriac- mashed, puréed or grated raw in a salad in the summer. Yum! I love artichoke too.

Romanesco is an amazing looking vegetable, and it has some strange mathematical properties as well. Have a look at this:

Romanesco broccoli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isn't nature amazing!

Celeriac is great in soups, as it thickens the soup when you blend it. Great with chicken. Wouldn't win any beauty contests though!!

I love trying new vegetables. Tried some different squashes recently, but to be honest they weren't as nice as butternut squash, although the shapes and colours were great.

I like pak choi in a stir fry.

cooked lettuce is also really tasty!

There is a classic French dish of peas cooked with lettuce. Can't stand peas myself, but it looks interesting.

Isn't it nice to be contributing to a thread with people who are interested in vegetables instead of moaning about having to eat them!! :)

purple sprouting broccoli is fab!!

I don't mean to be dim, but does celeriac taste like celery?? :eek: I CANNOT STAND celery!

purple sprouting broccoli is fab!!

I don't mean to be dim, but does celeriac taste like celery?? :eek: I CANNOT STAND celery!

It smells like celery and there is a celery-like taste to it but the texture is very different. I love it, but I also like celery.

There is a classic French dish of peas cooked with lettuce. Can't stand peas myself, but it looks interesting.

Isn't it nice to be contributing to a thread with people who are interested in vegetables instead of moaning about having to eat them!! :)

Yes! I like veg but get bored using the same old boring veg, I forget how good it is!

Morrisons stock Romanesco - I love it. My sister grows it on her allotment and she gave me some a few weeks ago - wish I had green fingers!

Denise

Celeriac almost has a potato consistency/texture. My dad uses it in sliced potato dishes - like a dauphinois but without butter and cream! Stock instead!

Back