Strepsils, How many points are in them?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by lilcharlie, 13 September 2008.

1. lilcharlie

lilcharlie Member

Sorry girls i have a sore sore throat and im in need of something for it,

I have found some sore throat and blocked nose strepsils in my cupboard, and i dont know what points they are,

Im suffering with my throat BOO HOO! I need something

Thanks girls xx
  2. KittyB

KittyB Well-Known Member

No idea at all hun - sorry.
    Perhaps just count them as 1 pt each to be safe?

Hope you're feeling better soon
  3. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

Salt water and gargle or honey and lemon. Not sure how many points honey is?

Irene xx
  4. lilcharlie

lilcharlie Member

Ive had to have one LOL! i will just put it down as one point just to be on the safe side thank you girls! your great! xx
  5. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

I think you can get sugar free strepsils now

Irene xx
  6. lilcharlie

lilcharlie Member

I think there are! I must keep an eye out for them thanks Irene xx
  7. Crystal89

Crystal89 Member

Are we supposed to point Strepsils?! I think it's taking it a bit far to count medicines tbh, I mean it's not like you're gorging on them for fun is it? Better off having a few Strepsils imo than comfort eating to make yourself feel better...
  8. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

I would always count them. Dont see how we can differentiate between things taken for pleasure or otherwise.

Youre not having them for fun but say you count them at 0.5 points each and have 6 or 8 over the day thats 3 or 4 points you havent accounted for.

Could be just enough to spoil your wi result
  9. Crystal89

Crystal89 Member

Hmm, I do see your point I suppose, we all have to do what we think is right. It just never occurred to me that those kind of things would even contain calories?! I just equated them with paracetamol or suchlike, i.e. medicine and nothing to do with the diet. I dunno, I have quite an obsessive personality and if I started counting things like that I would know that I'd taken the 'dieting mentality' too far if you get my meaning. Each to their own though, your answer does make perfect sense.
  10. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

I think thats it exactly, its up to the individual, I wouldnt actually think of counting things like paracetamol, thats a new leve of obsessive lol But I sort of see things like strepsils, tunes etc almost like sweets