Strepsils

kimberleycandukan

Silver Member
Extra Strength Blackcurrant Lozenges.

Am I really thinking about my sugar and carb intake over some medicine to help my spiky-feeling throat.
Yes.

What you reckon fellow Dukaners?

Ahh- didn't realise they do sugar-free, thats a start isn't it. Thanks.

I'm feeling really really ill this morning though. I don't know what to do. I need a good dose of vitamin C for a start.
Obviously my health is more important, but I don't want to ruin all my hard work.

Thankfully I'm on a PV day today so I should be able to get some vitamins down me :-(

Plant sourceAmount
(mg / 100g)
Kakadu plum1000-5300[SUP][129][/SUP][SUP][130][/SUP][SUP][131][/SUP]
Camu Camu2800[SUP][132][/SUP][SUP][133][/SUP]
Acerola1677[SUP][134][/SUP]
Seabuckthorn695
Mica Muro500
Indian gooseberry445
Rose hip426[SUP][135][/SUP]
Baobab400
Chili pepper (green)244
Guava (common, raw)228.3[SUP][s 1][/SUP]
Blackcurrant200
Red pepper190
Chili pepper (red)144
Parsley130
Kiwifruit90
Broccoli90
Loganberry80
Redcurrant80
Brussels sprouts80
Wolfberry (Goji)73 †
Lychee70
Persimmon (native, raw)66.0[SUP][s 2][/SUP]
Cloudberry60
Elderberry60
† average of 3 sources; dried

Just found this on wikipedia. It seems as though red pepper, broccoli and brussel sprouts all have more vitamin C than oranges!!!
WIN!!!

Kimberley do you take mulivitamin as recommend? I'm 10 weeks in and have just started, if you haven't started maybe a thought to start now. I think strepsils sugar free will be fine, would think if you over do it though .....whoooooosh fairy could be a visiting you x

Kimberley do you take mulivitamin as recommend? I'm 10 weeks in and have just started, if you haven't started maybe a thought to start now. I think strepsils sugar free will be fine, would think if you over do it though .....whoooooosh fairy could be a visiting you x

I haven't been taking multivitamins but think I might actually. Can you recommend one? Does it matter?
As I don't eat meat (just fish) my usual diet is very carby, veggy and fruity. And although my protein intake is better than ever (I'm such a lazy non-meat eater), other important vitamins and iron just aren't getting in there. To be fair this is only my second PV day so think I'll fill up on leafy greens today- that should do it.

Horrible when you feel like this though. Sorry for myself. I just want a big glass of orange juice and beans on toast. Groan.

Kimberly these feeling will pass, just try to keep protein intake up and drink plenty of water. Have you started a diary? I could find it? And I got my multivitamins from asda, I paid £1.50 for mine but they ranged up to aprox, £6 so hope the ones I take are ok, if not someone will inform me x

Feeling so much more chirpy this arvo sididd. Keeping busy and positive :)

Back