stress and binge eating

emilyj

So this has been my first week back on a VLCD and I ruined it on day 5!! I went to see my grandad who has cancer and after, when I got home I lost it. I spent day 6 binge eating too and just feel even worse now, I was 100% all day yesterday and I'm back on plan now BUT I dont want to do this again, any ideas on how to deal with stress in a different way, its almost like I just see red.
Many thanks.x

Hey hun, wondered where you'd got to :)

Sounds like you're having a tough time, don't be too hard on yourself. Things that might help could be getting out if the house for a walk, ringing someone for a natter, coming here, writing stuff down that's bothering you. Sometimes if I'm mid crave I'll brush my teeth so food tastes bad or paint my nails so I need to keep my hands still! Do you have any hobbies? I make jewellery which I find distracts me.

I read a post on here about someone making an inspiration board of quotes pics etc to help them. I find looking a pics on here helps. Maybe write a list of reasons you want to be slimmer or find an item of clothing you really want to wear and hang it where you can see it.

Big hugs to you and well done for getting back to it xx

Hey hun, wondered where you'd got to :)

Sounds like you're having a tough time, don't be too hard on yourself. Things that might help could be getting out if the house for a walk, ringing someone for a natter, coming here, writing stuff down that's bothering you. Sometimes if I'm mid crave I'll brush my teeth so food tastes bad or paint my nails so I need to keep my hands still! Do you have any hobbies? I make jewellery which I find distracts me.

I read a post on here about someone making an inspiration board of quotes pics etc to help them. I find looking a pics on here helps. Maybe write a list of reasons you want to be slimmer or find an item of clothing you really want to wear and hang it where you can see it.

Big hugs to you and well done for getting back to it xx
I avoided coming on here but I now think it would have been the best thing to do!! thanks for the help hun, how are you getting on?xx

The support really helps hun

Take it one day at a time. If there's any common triggers see if you can remove or minimise them

For instance I know bars set me off and bread I can't have around me. So I keep bread for kids in freezer and don't buy the bars. Keep cut up veg around to nibble too

Keep at it hunny, we all have demons to overcome

Xxxx

The support really helps hun

Take it one day at a time. If there's any common triggers see if you can remove or minimise them

For instance I know bars set me off and bread I can't have around me. So I keep bread for kids in freezer and don't buy the bars. Keep cut up veg around to nibble too

Keep at it hunny, we all have demons to overcome

Xxxx

thanks for taking the time to reply, It,s when I'm really stressed that I tend to do it, I used to smoke (before having children!) and I binge at the same time I would of had to have a smoke as I didn't smoke much only if out with the girls for the night or stressed/upset. I guess I need to find something that isn't going to kill me to turn to lol.xx

I avoided coming on here but I now think it would have been the best thing to do!! thanks for the help hun, how are you getting on?xx

Well hopefully you'll come on here in future. I'm good thanks, just had my 2nd delivery and awaiting Wednesdays weigh in!xx

Yeah finding another coping mechanism is the thing

My cbt lady gave me tips for dealing with my off behavior. Does help, maybe read some books and get some ideas, the simplest things can help

Check in and start a diary, really does help

Xxxx

Back