• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Stretch marks

I noticed earlier that since this morning ive developed bright red stretch marks going all up my tummy halfway up to my boobs. It looks distgusting!! I never even had them this bad when i was pregnant with my DD.

Ive lost a stone in 3 weeks. Would loosing weight cause them? As if i feel ugly enough as it is :-(

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
Hey your not alone we all have them there not nice, don't know about loosing weight and getting them but wow 1 stone in 3 weeks is amazing well done!! You are heading the right way it loving your body again!! I know what it's like to hate what you have got but hey we are all on the right track now!!

Princessnicky, wow! Well done, I've been at SW since October and not made it to my 'official' stone yet. Very Impressed.

A thought on the marks, maybe because you have lost that much weight your skin is just had a wee shock? (not a doctor) Perhaps drink more water and moisturise?

I have psoriasis and I know how having something so obvious can make you feel, and it is somewhere that can be covered up :) As lizzielips says, we are all going in the right direction. Keep up the good work! :D

kim63

Gold Member
Unfortunately girls ,some of us get them them whether we are thin or 'fat'! I have had stretch marks since I was a wee girl, its all to do with your skin tone unfortunately!

ColJack

Gold Member
they were already present, but with the skin stretched tight it blanches the colour out of them ( like ordinary rashes do when you roll a glass over them to test for meningitis.. )..
they do fade over time but a moisturiser etc is a good idea.. that Bio-Oil is supposed to be good for stretch marks..

jen3

Silver Member
You can never make them disappear altogether but Bio-Oil is really good as said above

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
they were already present, but with the skin stretched tight it blanches the colour out of them ( like ordinary rashes do when you roll a glass over them to test for meningitis.. )..
they do fade over time but a moisturiser etc is a good idea.. that Bio-Oil is supposed to be good for stretch marks..
Does this mean the more weight you lose/smaller you get the more red in colour they will be?

Thanks guys. I already use bio oil to help with the old marks. Just cudnt believe that losing weight made more appear!
Bio oil is great hun - and I have strech marks too. Being over weight (but quite toned - if that makes sense :p) they are quite faded and hadn't really noticed them (silvery/whiteish and sort of 'blend in' with the skin :eek:)

But after losing almost a stone and some definite inches I have noticed that I can 'see' more. ... where rolls of rat are disapeering.. the strectch marks are appearing! arrgh! :eek:

At least it's easier to cover them up than fat, eh :p

WELL DONE on losing a stone, I have yet to get my official stone award since rejoining SW - can't wait :bunnydance:

Good luck with the rest of your wl xx

no, mine were really red for a few weeks / month or so and then faded back to a regular pink skin colour..... mostly..

They are an unfortunate side effect from being overweight, but it's better than having a fat belly and the associated health risks/problems that go along with it..