Stretch marks

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by princessnicky, 1 April 2011 Social URL.

1. princessnicky

princessnicky Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I noticed earlier that since this morning ive developed bright red stretch marks going all up my tummy halfway up to my boobs. It looks distgusting!! I never even had them this bad when i was pregnant with my DD.

Ive lost a stone in 3 weeks. Would loosing weight cause them? As if i feel ugly enough as it is :-(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lizzielipps

lizzielipps Back to basics!

Start Weight:
    16st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(27.35%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hey your not alone we all have them there not nice, don't know about loosing weight and getting them but wow 1 stone in 3 weeks is amazing well done!! You are heading the right way it loving your body again!! I know what it's like to hate what you have got but hey we are all on the right track now!!

4. hondapeeps

hondapeeps Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.56%)
    Princessnicky, wow! Well done, I've been at SW since October and not made it to my 'official' stone yet. Very Impressed.

A thought on the marks, maybe because you have lost that much weight your skin is just had a wee shock? (not a doctor) Perhaps drink more water and moisturise?

I have psoriasis and I know how having something so obvious can make you feel, and it is somewhere that can be covered up :) As lizzielips says, we are all going in the right direction. Keep up the good work! :D

5. beccaharrison89

beccaharrison89 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I the same hun, i have them on my hips and top of legs really bad. I dont understand why i gt them, i only 22 and ad no kids :-(

6. kim63

kim63 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(19.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Unfortunately girls ,some of us get them them whether we are thin or 'fat'! I have had stretch marks since I was a wee girl, its all to do with your skin tone unfortunately!

7. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    they were already present, but with the skin stretched tight it blanches the colour out of them ( like ordinary rashes do when you roll a glass over them to test for meningitis.. )..
    they do fade over time but a moisturiser etc is a good idea.. that Bio-Oil is supposed to be good for stretch marks..

8. jen3

jen3 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can never make them disappear altogether but Bio-Oil is really good as said above

9. princessnicky

princessnicky Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks guys. I already use bio oil to help with the old marks. Just cudnt believe that losing weight made more appear!

10. Ela ine

Ela ine Likes to post, and eat.

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Does this mean the more weight you lose/smaller you get the more red in colour they will be?

Bio oil is great hun - and I have strech marks too. Being over weight (but quite toned - if that makes sense :p) they are quite faded and hadn't really noticed them (silvery/whiteish and sort of 'blend in' with the skin :eek:)

But after losing almost a stone and some definite inches I have noticed that I can 'see' more. ... where rolls of rat are disapeering.. the strectch marks are appearing! arrgh! :eek:

At least it's easier to cover them up than fat, eh :p

WELL DONE on losing a stone, I have yet to get my official stone award since rejoining SW - can't wait :bunnydance:

Good luck with the rest of your wl xx

11. ColJack

ColJack Gold Member

Start Weight:
    33st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st9lb
    Lost(%):
    13st8.5lb(40.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    no, mine were really red for a few weeks / month or so and then faded back to a regular pink skin colour..... mostly..

They are an unfortunate side effect from being overweight, but it's better than having a fat belly and the associated health risks/problems that go along with it..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.