Stretch marks :(

Hi all :)

Im on week three (weigh in tomorrow) lost a stone so far and sailing through. I can already notice how different my body looks and I'm happy. The only thing getting my down is my stretch marks on my tummy :( I'm due to go to Portugal with my boyfriend and our two friends who are a couple, I desperately want to be rid of them and am so paranoid about how they look. They are quite high and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with stretch marks disappearing or atleast not as red?! HELP!!!

You could try good old bio oil but there's not much you can do about them but give them time to fade? :-\ sunlight helps them fade so possibly do some sunbedding before you go on holibob? It'll also help you not to burn whilst away and i know, sunbeds are bad m'kay but worse of two evils? :-D well done so far that's fantastic! Where are you going on holiday? And if all else fails, conceler! X

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s2 using MiniMins

Completely forgot about bio oil! Heading to boots tomorrow! And I've just gone on a sunbed so I will go on a few more to help them fade! I'm going to Portugal :) I would rather be slim with them then fat with them it's just annoying :( thanks for replying!! :D how are you finding it? Xxx

Im good tah :-D determined to stick to it for more than 3 weeks this time! Though aim is only 6 when i go on summer holiday hehe.. Keep on keeping on as they say, i bet noone will even notice them! I have a million and one faded ones from carrying mahoosive twins last year, but hey ho! Like you say, id rather be happy about not having a massive arse ;-) bet you're excited for going away! How much do you have left to lose?

Can't beat a sunbed even though they are awful for you! Haha aww wow where are you off to? You can do it! I find it's getting easier! So true about the stretch marks! Just going to bio oil the hell out of myself! Haha. Well I'm 14.8 at the moment size 16/18 but I'm only 5.2 so I would love to be 9 stone 4 or something, but if I can be a size 12 by my holiday in augaust I will probably cry with happiness! I can concentrate on getting down to the 9 after that as I highly doubt I will loose 5 stone in 2 and abit months! What about you :) xxx

I was 12,4 after the twins last year, been mucking about on sw since and only down to 11st,10 lol, sitting today at 11,3 after dropping my glycogen and water and my ideal weight is 9,10 but holibob in 6 weeks id settle for 10,5ish? A 14 just now but that would see me a 12. We're going to France for two weeks, got a couple of villas booked with own swimming pool and hubby's parents, 2 brothers and sister in law, their wee one, our wee ones so want to feel nice :) we can do it!! Just got to stay focussed now, I've messed about for months! X

Oh and Im 5'2 too. Boo to being short arses :p x

Hello, I have absolutely loads of them, everywhere, I was a young pregnant mum 24 years ago it was all about having a big bump and dungarees and smock dresses, nobody every suggested using creams and oils and I did not even know that stretch marks existed. Nobody was body concious like they are now, I went from under 8 stone to over 13 very quickly ( 9lb 11oz baby !!) and have them all over my tummy, hips, bum, boobs, thighs back and front :(:(

I have spent years and years feeling depressed about them but I know that I am stuck with them, they do fade over time and become silvery slivers but they are essentially scars so will never go.

I do find that using Garnier Summerbody, the light sunkissed one helps, I have tried Bio Oil but not for long enough, you are supposed to use it twice a day also.

If you do decide on Bio-oil then it is much cheaper on Amazon than Boots.

Hey guys
Another great product is palmers which u can get in boots
I use the palmers cocoa butter formula for stretch marks and the tummy butter which u find in the mums to be section both have turned my red stretch marks silver ish but not red anymore. in a couple of weeks
And cheaper and not as oily as bio oil

Sophie

Being short does suck! Lol ooh wow sounds like you're gonna have a brill holiday!! France is beautiful :) can't wait to get away now!

I'll definitely try the bio oil I am using the palmers cocoa butter at the moment I think I'm just going to have to get on with it and pray they fade by August!

Thank you all for your suggestions! :) how's everyone doing today? Got my weigh in today...nervous!! Lol
Xxxx

Being short does suck! Lol ooh wow sounds like you're gonna have a brill holiday!! France is beautiful :) can't wait to get away now!

I'll definitely try the bio oil I am using the palmers cocoa butter at the moment I think I'm just going to have to get on with it and pray they fade by August!

Thank you all for your suggestions! :) how's everyone doing today? Got my weigh in today...nervous!! Lol
Xxxx

This sounds stupid, but I put on bio oil/cocoa butter/aloe vera gel and wrapped myself in cling film to keep the heat in, it REALLY helped and within 2-3 weeks they had calmed down a lot.

Ooh good luck for weigh in let us know habit goes! Day 3, bit of a bugger for me, sore head and ratty but not tempted by food xx

marnikeane said:
Completely forgot about bio oil! Heading to boots tomorrow! And I've just gone on a sunbed so I will go on a few more to help them fade! I'm going to Portugal :) I would rather be slim with them then fat with them it's just annoying :( thanks for replying!! :D how are you finding it? Xxx

I get my bio oil on eBay it's much cheaper :)

I've had a baby 10 months ago and my tummy and top of my thighs were covered in deep purple stretch marks.. I tried bio oil and it did sod all, and that was with using it religiously for a few weeks & getting through 2 big bottles.... Palmers cocoa butter does help, more with the firming up than marks I found. I spent £30 ish on amazon for retinol stretch mark cream after doing loads of reviews for the best ones, and that came third I think, I couldn't afford the first two whatsoever.. anyway, my stretch marks are basically gone :) unless its really bright light shone on them to which you can see faint silver lines, otherwise there's nothing there x

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Oh guys these all sound brilliant!! Thank you for taking the time to try and help me! I'm going to do everything I can to get rid of them! I will let you all know how I get on! :D xxxx

P.s I had my third weigh in yesterday and I lost 4lbs! I hope it carries on like this I don't want it to get lower! I need to fit into a Topshop size 12 bikini by mid august! Don't worry keep going I promise it will get easier! I work at mac cosmetics and today we had a big meeting where they pay for our lunch and everyone went to pret and nandos and I was there with my chocolate shake! :( that was tough!!

Ah mac!!! Dream job :-D wanna swap hehe???!!!! Do you get amazing discount?? *jealous* xx

I hate to say it, but there is no miracle cure for sm, once they are there. So start now to try and stop getting more. So before big sudden weight loss, pregnancy etc. Is the best time as it gets your skin supple to stretch, bio oil etc. All stretch marks fade to silvery grey lines eventually. No cream will speed it up, your skin will do it when it's ready. Things like sm are pretty genetic too sadly and how bad you get them and how quickly they go. Is down to your genes. Creams can help but wont stop them totally or make them vanish.

Back