Strictly Come Dancing!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, now that my beloved BB is all over, another of my favourite programmes of all time has started!! Strictly Come Dancing!! Any other fans out there?! I loved the launch show last night! Great line-up of celebrities and lots of changes! The new russian male pro-dancer is hot hot hot!! I was extremely disappointed to see that Lilia Kopylova isn't back, and that her hubby Darren Bennett is now one of the new 'show dancers' and without Lilia!! I used to love watching her and liked the fact that she was a bit curvier than some of the other female pro dancers! I adore SCD for the glitz and glamour, the dresses are incredible, the fun and frolics, Brucie's jokes, the banter between the dancers, Claudia Winkleman on It Takes Two, the music/singers, the professional dance routines! I LOVE IT! Anyone else?X

I love it too! I hate to go out on a Sat night when it's on. I'm SO upset they gave Anton a duff partner again, but I suppose that means he will be able to do more on It takes Two.
I just wish they'd get rid of Bruce because he is getting embarassing.He can't even remember the names of the dancers by the end of the series.And he thinks the show is all about him not the dancers.
Tess's frock last night was the best I've seen her wear! I would love it (not that I go anywhere to wear it!)
Roll on the start!

I think Anton is being paired up with duds for the comedy value!! I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up judging in future series! I can't wait to see the rapport between them! Yes you're right, Brucey is getting a bit doddery (although he'll say he's not lol!) but I would greatly miss his (baad) jokes, and who would replace him?! Tess always looks amazing! I just love it!!

I love it too, last year me & my sister went to the live opening show which was absolutely brill. Bruce was fantastic he is so much better live.

I think it's such a shame for Anton, he's such a pro & I'd love to see him get somebody who has the ability to dance.

Anyway role on 3 weeks :D:D:D

BTW link to register for free tickets to show

BBC - Be in the audience - Strictly Come Dancing

Ooh shouldn't really call Ann Widdecombe a dud really! Bit harsh, but she's not going to be a front runner!X

i'm a massive fan! the line up this year is the best it's been in years! can't wait to see Anne Widdecombe try and climb those stairs to Tess after her dance routine... they may have to install a thora hurd stair lift, lol

as for Anton judging, i think if it wasnt for his slip last year with laila and supposed racist comments i think he would have been presenting this year... with bruce cutting back this year i think anton's the best bet for replacing him as host next year..

and nevermind the russian.. it's robin i'll be keeping my eyes out for.. will he be patsy's next victim/husband? lol

Last edited:
I love love love it. I tried to watch it when I was in labour now that's dedication lol it was on when I was in labour & H said watch it to keep ur mind of things I think he got a few not so nice words x

i'm a massive fan! the line up this year is the best it's been in years! can't wait to see Anne Widdecombe try and climb those stairs to Tess after her dance routine... they may have to install a thora hurd stair lift, lol

as for Anton judging, i think if it wasnt for his slip last year with laila and supposed racist comments i think he would have been presenting this year... with bruce cutting back this year i think anton's the best bet for replacing him as host next year..

and nevermind the russian.. it's robin i'll be keeping my eyes out for.. will he be patsy's next victim/husband? lol

Yes it's a great line-up- I actually knew who they all were!! (Yes, I confess I do watch Countryfile lol!) I know what you mean about Anton, and maybe he will gradually slip into a presenting role, but is he a big enough TV personality to fill Brucey's shoes and pull it off? Ooh yes, maybe sparks will fly between Patsy & Robin! I'm wondering if that's why they removed Darren & Lilia from partnering celebs- perhaps they're a bit too tame- they may want more couples like Christina & Joe to spice things up a bit- better entertainment!X

I love love love SCD, i am soooooooo happy its back ( although it does signify the start of the countdown to christmas!!)
Anton was bound to get Ann, he is a gentleman and will help her out, they were hardly going to pair Brendon with Ann were they!

I agree, finally they gave Tess a good dress that suited her and looked good! She has had some AWFUL dresses in the past.

Am glad we have a SCD thread :)

I'm with you Heather - I just love everything about SCD, even Brucie's lame jokes! The line up is great this year, some excellent celebs. It's a real shame that Lilia isn't back tho - she has a figure to die for. Looking forward to Anne Widdecombe dancing - wot a larf! IMO it beats the X factor hands down. Roll on Strictly!

I lurrrve X-Factor as well, but I have to say that SCD is 'my favourite' (as Brucey would say!) I really really really love it!!X

I love, love, love Strictly! Makes me wanna take lessons every year (yet I never do!) I love this years line-up, love Jimmy Mistry (Elle, if you are reading, do you remember him being at the 10RTL/Feetgazer gig?:)) and Matt Baker! I watch Countryfile too, Hevs!

I did nearly cry when I realised that Ian wasn't in the line-up of pro dancers, but then smiled when I saw him with Darren and the "show dancers". I agree with you about Lillia, she's fab and not stick thin.

Poor Anton though. James, Ian and Anton are my fave male pros, and would love to dance with any of them. I think it's about time Anton was given someone who can dance and he could win with, as he's a superb dancer. As for taking over from Bruce, there's noone better! He is Bruce's love child afterall!! :)

OOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhh! You lucky thing! Will you camp overnight? :p

I think that the dresses have been alot better this year. Hugely enjoying Pam as she's the same age as me and has a fab attitude. Kara/Matt/and the other bloke for the final, tho I can't take to the latter and Natalie for some reason. (? jealousy? she even exposes her belly button in practice!)
Noticed on ITT that Ann's bust rests on Antons waistband when they are in hold :eek:

OOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhh! You lucky thing! Will you camp overnight? :p

I think that the dresses have been alot better this year. Hugely enjoying Pam as she's the same age as me and has a fab attitude. Kara/Matt/and the other bloke for the final, tho I can't take to the latter and Natalie for some reason. (? jealousy? she even exposes her belly button in practice!)
Noticed on ITT that Ann's bust rests on Antons waistband when they are in hold :eek:

I know, I love it soooo much!! Speaking of which, I'm disappointed this thread hasn't been anywhere near as popular as the X-factor one!! Don't SW Miniminners have any class?!!!? lol! Saying that I'm a fan of both, thank goodness for Sky Plus!! I'm working nights tonight and tomorrow so I will look forward to catching up with both Monday afternoon after waking!! I will have to try and avoid all conversation about both programmes between now and then! Impossible I expect!!

Hmmm I know what you mean about Natalie!! Fantastic dancer, fantastic choreographer, fantastic bod, seems like a lovely girl, BUT there's something I don't like, I think maybe she takes herself a bit too seriously unlike the likes of Ola and Katya who seem like a really great laugh!! She's ultra competitive but then again that's how you win (with a decent celebrity partner at least!)

Roll on Monday....:woohoo:

Plus Natalie has always had a "good" partner no John Seargent for her! If I'm going to be really catty :p she has a very strong jaw.

I do love Claudia on ITT. BUT I saw a photo of her on a Gok Wan prog today and she had a big bust :eek: perhaps it was when she was pregnant. I'd lurve her shoes!

Haha Judi you b@~*ch lol!! That's funny, I know what you mean though, and yes you're right, both years she has had very strong partners! Perhaps Timmy Mallett next year lol!! I love love love Claudia! She is my idol!

Wow Michelle, I hope you do get in! How exciting!! I'm sure if you make sure you get there really really early you're bound to!! Lucky devils! X

Back