Struggling and constantly failing..

laurenmay

Gold Member
For the past six months, I've been really struggling to get back into the swing of dieting and exercise. Before Christmas I was 136lbs, a size 8 and happy & healthy. That was after losing four stone after having my son, whose now 11 months.. Before pregnancy I was always between 133-140lbs and a size 8 too.

After six months of comfort eating, excessive binge eating and laziness, I now weigh 175lbs and am probably a size 14. I live in pyjamas constantly, just because I can't fit into anything else, and my work uniform is now getting too tight as well.

I'm usually a calorie counter, who regularly exercises at the gym, and I've tried getting back into the swing of that but after day one I end up cheating and binging again. I've also tried Cambridge too, which I completely failed with. I want to calorie count, and I want to exercise and get fit again, but I can't seem to stick with anything before I end up comfort eating and binging again. In the past six months I haven't managed to make it past day two of a diet, and I'm just getting bigger and bigger.

All I want is to lose weight, I want to diet and work out - so why is it so hard? I've never struggled like this before, I really don't know whats wrong with me or where my willpower and determination have gone? I just wish someone could hypnotise me into keeping away from all the bad foods and huge calorie splurges that I've been having for so long!

Reading this was like reading my own thoughts. I too struggle quite a lot and have just re started the Slimming World plan. It's not so much of a diet as a change of your mind set. Nothing is ruled out so I won't feel like I'm missing out. I hope to lose the weight and keep it off. I hope you too find your motivation. Good Luck xx

I am exactly the same, apart from the fact I've gained since my wedding in August 2010. I am about 180 now, I would like to be 126ish.

This morning I remarked to a mate that, over the past six months, I've found it extra hard to stick to my usual maintenance intake. Little (and not so little) extras have crept in almost stealthily. I regain then lose it, regain again and then lose it... but alas, slowly but surely, my weight is increasing and it really bothers me. I haven't had a nibbling problem in YEARS, so I honestly feel baffled as to why I have one, now.

I know at least four other gals who are in the same boat at present. Six months of chaotic up and down dieting and cravings. Guess what? My mate said that this has also been happening to her, over the same six months period!

Anyone else been having problems since Christmas? Finding sticking to the diet - any diet - much harder than usual? I'd love to know. Any theories as to why this might be happening will be gratefully received lol.

Good luck everyone. So long as we never give up we WILL get to where we want to be - and stay there x

Omg me too! I was at my 'perfect' weight at Christmas but gained loads over the holidays and haven't managed to take it off, despite several concerted attempts. Help!

Back