Struggling badly tonight

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Emma1904, 7 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Emma1904

Emma1904 Working on it

Start Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Tonight I'm feeling like the diet is a prison... I suffer badly with periods of depression and tonight I'm battling with it.

I'm not hungry at all I know I'm not, all I want to do is eat, it's totally emotional and I know that it will do me no good what so ever but the sheer comfort that I get from food when I feel this low is so difficult to ignore :-( I've already had a SS+ meal and that still hasn't taken the thoughts away, I've tried reading a book, watching a film, having a bath etc and I just can't concentrate on anything but the thought of food.

I am so mad at Cambridge tonight (even though I know it's my choice and it's only me I have to answer too) so mad that I just want to go and blow it completely, thought I may try posting in a bid to stop me from giving in to my emotions x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I completely identify with you. Food, also gives me a huge boost and makes me happy. But it is very short lived happiness and an hour later you are going to feel like crap and that you have let yourself down. Food is not going to solve any issues you have other than hunger, and you aren't hungry, so food is not the solution.

Hope you feel better hun

4. Emma1904

Emma1904 Working on it

Start Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Thank you, trying my hardest to hold out! X

5. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Wow you have lost 47.5lbs that is fantastic that has to be the incentive to keep yourself going

Hang in there

6. Samstar

Samstar Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.24%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I know exactly how you feel. I've had one of those days today, feel a little better now. You can do it you've done so well just think of how far you've come and good luck

7. Emma1904

Emma1904 Working on it

Start Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Blew and I ate, not just a little bit either, I binged on junk food :-(

Here's to drawing a line under it and starting afresh tomorrow x

8. princess_cj

princess_cj Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st1.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12lb(35.96%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    We've all done it Em, just don't let it turn into a whole weekend, then a whole week off plan. Like you say, draw a line under it and get 100% back on plan today and you'll be on ketosis before you know it :) xxx

9. B2B25/8

B2B25/8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Hi Emma, well done for drawing a line under it - we all have our off days and you have done the right thing by leaving it as just that - an off day !! Hope u r feeling better today xx xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

10. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Pretty much all of us here self-medicate with food - that's why we're here, hun. :hug99:

Sometimes, that's all you can do. See it as having an 'emotional cold' (that's a Linda Spangle thing :D) - and just view it for what it was - you taking care of yourself in the only way you know how. I don't think many of us are very good at figuring out other ways of taking care of ourselves when we're actually in that black place - but when you are feeling better, write yourself a list of things that you could do that might help (other than eating) and keep that list to hand so that you're ready to deal with feeling blue in a different way next time.

In the meantime, {{{hugs}}} Emma x x

11. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    Emma we've all been there and know how you feel, forget about it now and start afresh today is a new day you've done so well up to now.

12. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    i think the good thing about cambride is it forces to find other answers than food for problem. in time you will figure out a way to not use food. I know it may sound harsh and i say it with wanting the best for you but you must learn ways to overcome (as most of us must) your using food for the wrong or you will never successeed whether it be at losing weight or keeping it off we need to change our attiudes to food. hard I know but if you can do it you will feel so much better.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.