Extra Easy Struggling bride-to-be at christmas

Sammie88

Silver Member
Hi guys I do slimming world at home on my own,
I started at the end of may as a newbie to slimming world
I lost a stone by August and I've gone down a clothes size (just in time to go wedding dress shopping)

My wedding is in June and the dress is already in the dress shop, a seamstress will be taking it in for me in April or may

In August I suffered from a whole month of food poisoning, when I was better in september I got straight back on slimming world but haven't lost a pound since: I plateaued then started to fall off the wagon and lost my will power through my frustration so half a stone has crept back on :-(

I need to be fully committed to it again and not let December ruin it all but there is so much temptation! i am on another thread with a christmas countdown but I feel I need some more buddies, please
All advice and pep talks welcome
Thanks for reading

Hi Sammie - firstly well done on your weightloss to date - you have been on a roller coaster and you need to get off and find your feet again. Your in the right place for help and support on minis - It may help to write a daily diary as I have suggested to a few, then people can see how your doing and help/advise if need be. Xmas doesnt have to be a bad time if you think and plan. You will fit into that dress and just think how proud your OH will be to see you looking beautiful and happy on your special day.

You can do it girl - think positive. Maybe do a weekly countdown to the wedding, list good days and bad and how your feeling/how well you feel the day/week has gone

Thanks Texty_F

I have weighed myself this morning and I have managed to stay the same which I am please with as this is how my week has been...

Monday: I was good
Tuesday: I was good
Wednesday : was free cooked breakfast and all day buffet at work
Thursday: I was good at meal times but nibbled on left over buffet food
Friday: I was good all day until me and the OH shared fish and chips for tea
Saturday: friends baby shower buffet with wine then Chinese cos I was too merry to cook lol
Sunday: morrisons salad bar with French stick and cheeses for lunch followed by macaroni cheese at tea, plus celebrations while putting up the decorations

I am going to have a good day today! I'm taking it one day at a time

This is what i do when i do the weekly food shop. Make sure you have a list with everything that you need and write it down in the order that the shop flows round. I find this helps massivley for me especially when i first started as i can just get my head down and blitz round and miss isles that dont have all the treats. This can be hard around this time of year as there is rubbish on every isle now, but thats what i do just go round quick and just get what you need.

Thanks for the advice CraigA

To be honest the shopping isn't an issue, I'm a bit of an organised freak! i also write a list in aisle order as the shop flows, I buy foods for 7 meals, breakfasts and lunches
I don't have kids so don't have to worry about going down the treat aisles unless I'm looking for my low syn treats
And I chop up a huge bowl of fruit each week for the fridge and I drink water all day

I think it's just when I'm at work or with friends and family
I'm a chef so if I test something I get the taste for it and sometimes get out of control testing everything! Sometimes even my tic tacs and sugar free sweets don't stop me! I'm same at buffets with friends
I think I've forgotten how to say the word "no"

I think the plateau and the weight creeping back on has disheartened me a bit

I think you just need to turn around and wait for my size 8 up your bum lol pixie-gem has already had it.

You need your willpower back - and unfortunately that really does mean saying NO sometimes, and whilst it may offend some people to hear you say it, it means you will be back on track to your goal. Every time you go to put something in your mouth that you shouldn't, just think how many pounds/inches that could add yo your figure. You want it off not on - you know you can do it, as you have already lost. Take one day at a time and be strong, it will pay off

I had a good day on the diet today!

4 ryvitas (HEX)
Flora extra light (1.5 syns)
Bovril
Fat free yogurt

Advent calendar choc (1 syn)

Potato and bacon salad
Aldi crisps (4.5 syns)

Cottage pie (cheese as HEX)
Gravy (2syns)
Loads of veg
Fat free yogurt

MilkyBar buttons (4syns)

I had plenty of salad and veg but no fruit cos I didn't go shopping until this evening

I had another good day but went over my syns by 3
I didn't use all my syns yesterday, I've seen some minimims members balance it out so if they go a few syns over, they make up for it by having less the next day, I've never done that before but don't want to mark today as a failure because of 3syns extra
Advice?

I had...
4 ryvitas HEX
Flora extra light (1syn)
Bovril

Advent calendar choc (1syn)
Apple
Milkybar buttons (4syns)

Bacon pasta salad (1 syn for light mayo)
Grapes
Small cake (2.5)

Chicken tikka masala, mini naan, rice (9syns)
Yogurt

I know I treated myself to a small weighed out bit of cake and treatsize bag of milkybar buttons, but the syns are there so u don't feel deprived right?
...So having those meant that I haven't been in the open celebrations box

I went to the gym for an hour and a half too :)

I've decided that yesterday was not a failure, I feel I did bloody good hehe i had an hour and a half at the gym and stayed away from the open box of celebrations lol I don't always use my 15 syns everyday so to go over by 3 little syns I don't think we should label ourselves as failures as long as we make the effort to rectify it the next day
Also I missed off the 2 clementines I ate too, can't forget my superfree foods!

I had another good day:

4 ryvitas HEX
Flora extra light (1syn)
Bovril
Grapes

Yogurt
Advent calendar choc (1 syn)

Bacon pasta salad (1 syn for mayo)
Aldi quavers (3 syns)
Small cake (2.5 syns)

Spaghetti bolognaise
Cheese HEX
Clementine

8.5 syns, helps balance it from yesterday's little overspend of syns

Did an hour workout too

The next few days are the big challenge...
Meal out Thursday and Friday, then away with the family over the weekend

I am not going to pig out! I'm going to try to make the best choices

Keep the advice coming thanx for being so helpful x

Well done on your good days :) I agree I wouldn't count 3 syns over as a failure, you've been under other days and syns are there to use and so we don't feel deprived

Thanx I didn't want to beat myself up about it yet i want to stick to the diet 100% ... I suppose we all have to find a happy medium that works for us

Right that's 2 Christmas parties and a weekend at centerparcs out of the way
back to strict diary-written diet tomoro morning

So it was my first day back at work yesterday

Tough working as a chef! trying my best not to pick at food... not doing bad (obviously I have to test the food but I have controlled myself) and I don't feel very strong willed at the moment but I can't spoil my hard work

Struggled yesterday when I didn't eat my afternoon apple with my lunch... Ended up raiding my low syn treats box late afternoon - silly woman! But I was within my syns so no harm done BUT lesson learnt

Monday and Tuesday were great on the diet but now Iv come down with a rotten cold and couldn't eat what I'd taken to work yesterday
I didn't eat rubbish but stopped counting syns and HEXs cos my planned food changed cos I was feeling queezy

I will cope better today cos it's my day off work and I'm stuck at home in a house with only healthy food and I can plan better around my cold

Suggestions for a cold ridden slimmer???

Back