Struggling but don't want to give up

Trueleame

Determind dieter :D
Having a really bad day today... why is it as soon as you start finding something that works for you "family" start moaning about your weight????

I am getting married next year and my Grandmother tries being "helpful" but just makes me feel horrid and want to go stuff my face :cry:

I haven't given in today because I am determind to stick to it this time if only to stick two fingers up to those who have tried to detract me from my goal. It may sound like a rant but I just wanted to know whether others have had similar reaction or feelings about others critising their weight and how they think you should be doing things????

Don't want to give them the satisfaction of me failing this time so I'm sticking to 100% :p x x x

Prove them wrong hun!!! Hang on in there!!! You'll do this... the worst is over.... a few more days and you'll feel brill!!!

Good luck to you hun!! x

I am struggling too. But I keep telling myself that it will be worth it in the end. I am imagining fitting into my size 12 jeans and how happy I will be.

Just think how fab you will look on your wedding day and how proud of yourself you will be for sticking at it.

You can so do this. Its not forever. Only a little while and the difference in you will be amazing!!!!!

Thanks girlies for the support ... it really does help knowing that people on here are really supportive and know what your going through at the same time. Its GREATLY appreciated x x x

We started the same day. Virtually the same weight. Both been on it before. We can be liposisters and help each other along!

Family is a BIG issue in my weight loss journey too. All I get is criticisms about this diet and asked 'why can't I eat healthily and exercise?' Erm... Do they not think I have tried that? Working your backside off and loosing 1-2lbs a week is so frustrating.

I agree with the fab girlies, do it and stand proud. Make their jaws drop babe! It will give the smuggest most satisfying sticking two fingers up ever imaginable! Xxx

We started the same day. Virtually the same weight. Both been on it before. We can be liposisters and help each other along!

Definitely Niamh I'm in for that :D ...its sooo much easier when you've got others doing the same regime as yourself as they know just how hard it is to stick to this ....but we both know the results are WELL worth the effort ;) x x x

Very true Emma_Jayne ...that's why I'm trying not to tell family members what I'm doing ...I'm just going to let them see the results ;) x x x

Haven't told anyone other than my lovely hubby, it's nowt to do with them I say!! Amazing how people all want to give us the benefit of their pearls of (unhelpful) wisdom !! lol xx

Izzysmum ... totally agree everyone has an opinion on how to lose weight ...but have you noticed that sometimes those giving advice can't actually stick to it themselves~lol~

Have a few family members who I think are pot calling the kettle black ;) not sure if they realise it but should take their own advice first~lol~

I'll stick with this thanks as it cuts out the problem for me ...FOOD :( ... don't think people give food addiction the kudos it deserves. If you get a junkie they don't actually need the stuff to live....but we need food to survive!

x x x

I don't tell anyone either. I am quite secret about it. My boyfriend and his sister are on it too so we have a bit of a LT gang going on haha. But I would never tell my parents or certain Grandparents in a million years. Just not worth the agree and negativity. Xxx

This will make you giggle then ladies....my mum got back from spain this morning she's been out there a month. During that time I had a severe chest infection and ended up in hospital twice :( ...I'm doing a lot better now...her first words to me today were ..."So did you lose weight while you were poorly???" ggggrrrr ...NO as I was on steriods for the entire time and got bloated....not telling her that as of this morning stepping on the scales I'm down a fantastic 7 3/4lbs since starting on this regime woohooo :D :D :D x x x

This will make you giggle then ladies....my mum got back from spain this morning she's been out there a month. During that time I had a severe chest infection and ended up in hospital twice :( ...I'm doing a lot better now...her first words to me today were ..."So did you lose weight while you were poorly???" ggggrrrr ...NO as I was on steriods for the entire time and got bloated....not telling her that as of this morning stepping on the scales I'm down a fantastic 7 3/4lbs since starting on this regime woohooo :D :D :D x x x
Well done hunni....

Ooooh that was weird was just trying to find your diary then i could ask when you weigh and how you were getting on!!!

Brilliant brilliant!!! Well done!!!

Dee official WI is on friday but I had some left over from last time I did lipotrim and started on the wednesday to give myself a good start :D and its worked woohoo ....cravings have been bad but I've stuck to 100% :D I'm so pleased with myself I can't put it into words :D x x x

Well done Trueleame - I know what you mean about family - my Mum has always had this knack of making me feel bad - sometimes just with one look - and she's gorgeous and slim lol
I also know just what you mean about having to eat food and how this takes away the problem - I gave up smoking around 15 years ago - cold turkey - and have never had a cigarette since - I have always said though the difference with slimming is that you don't need to smoke but you do have to eat! I am hoping that LT will help me break the vicious circle and retrain my eating habits.
Let's all remember never to let those b******s grind us down and show them all what we are really made of (and I don't mean fat lol)

OH so true lorraineA ... I know this time I'm in the right space to do this and now that I've got all the support from people on here its making all the difference. I have to say my fiance is being SO supportive and I can't thank him enough :D x x x

Yes mine is too although he was relishing yesterday when I drove to Southport where he dragged me along the pier in the rain telling me it was good exercise, then proceeded to enjoy several pints when I stuck to black coffee, tea and soda water then drove him home lol

Well done Let's all remember never to let those b******s grind us down and show them all what we are really made of (and I don't mean fat lol)

Exactly! If that doesn't make us all remember why we're doing this then I don't know what does! xxx

I felt pretty rubbish on day 3 but the support of everyone on here was amazing, and as for family there are loads of obstacles, just remember we are doing it for ourselves and not for them and we can do it and wil prove them wrong. good luck with your first weigh in it looks like your on the road to an excellent first weigh in

Back