Struggling for a year now

lucysmommy

Gold Member
Hi everyone

Looking for advice - I think I have been on every diet possible to man kind this past year and all I seem to have done is gain weight

I am now 15st 10lbs and very unhappy with how I look - I see all these diets advertising 10lbs in a week and think oh that's what I need but I cant stick them for more than a few days and I move on to another one

I have thought just about just counting cals but I end up feeling hungry all the time as I think about food

I just feel I am stuck in a vicious circle And getting no where fast at all - I have joined mfp, still paying for weight watchers online and have every book known to man yet I can't get moving or motivated - maybe that's the problem lack of motivation

Has anyone else been like this? If so what did you do ?

Sorry to ramble on .......

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi hun, your post could have been written by me. I don't have any answers I'm afraid other than you are the only person who cam change your life and it is a case of getting your head in the right place first. I'm now on day 7 of cambridge and never thought I would last this long but I have thru sheer gritted teeth and pushing on and now it's getting easier. You can loose weight whatever diet you decide on it will be tough, but it will be so worth it. Xxx

Right I have a plan an I am doing it

Rejoining gym and cal counting from tomorrow

I have dinner out with my family tonight as I have. Finished my degree x

Hiya lucysmommy, well done on getting a plan together. As Starrlady said, no one else can motivate you except for yourself, and sometimes it takes a certain moment or a number of failed diets to kick-start you and give you that motivation that this is the last time and this time you WILL do it.

If you have trouble sticking at strict diets for more than a couple of days, then why not ditch the diets, and just start small with lifestyle changes such as swapping crisps and sweets for low fat alternatives, choosing to walk to the shop instead of driving and a 10 minute exercise per day. All these little things start to have an effect, and you'll find the weight will come off, and even though it's slow it's steady.

It's also a good idea to give yourself small and most importantly achievable goals. It's all well and good that some of these diets say you can loose 10lb in one week, but for you, something as small as 'this month I'm going to loose 4lbs' can feel far more reachable and keep you going. Hope that helps and please keep us up to date on how you find calorie counting :)

Well done on your degree! I totally agree with tweekedgirl, starting with small changes so you dont feel overwhelmed is a great idea. Sounds like you have it sorted though, which is great. Good luck Hun, keep us posted xxx

I couldn't agree more with what Tweekedgirl wrote, shes spot on!

Now I am a lot heavier than you but my vote has to go for lifestyle change, for me making small changes as the other poster said is key, I personally am a believer in eating regular healthy meals, keeping up your fluid intake and also building into your plan some nice food treats so you don't feel hard done by. Also increasing your level of exercise is very helpful, just finding something you like doing, so for me I do two or three dog walks a day with my collie, each say 45 min to 1 hour long and that works for me for others it could be the gym or running or whatever really.

I weighed in ten weeks ago at 22 stone 5 lbs and in ten weeks have lost 2 stone 7 lbs through healthy eating and exercise and I have still had treats, I have enjoyed meals out with friends and family but on the whole been on track and feel really pleased with the progress I'm making, I also love the fact that I can eat well and still lose weight, that is the best bit! Em xx

Oh I'm jumping on this one!

I lost 3 stones with SW from march-September last year.. Had an op and been struggling ever since. I have put on 9 lbs on since my lowest weight since I started losing weight but my problem has been I get to 3 stone loss and then start putting it on again.

I, too have started CC this week and going to see how it goes.

It's not scary, take every day as it comes :)

I started at 22 stone 10 and I'm 20 stone 5 which is still great, but I have such a long way to go yet..

Thanks everyone it's good to know I'm am not alone :) feeling positive as well which is a bonus

I was in sainsburys today and they sell wee individual portions of pasta etc which is great for me - portion control wise x

oh I love individual type portions of things etc, it helps so much with portion control doesn't it, I was dire and giving myself far too much to eat, enough for at least two people if not more ha ha and now I use food already portioned out on the whole to help tackle this, plus as time goes on your appetite shrinks considerably making it easier, Em x

Hey Lucysmommy, hope it's going well :)

I always find portions difficult, but I'd definitely recommend picking up some cheap kitchen scales to weigh out your food when you cook. I weight out cereal, and rice and pasta as I always always go over on these. The packets usually say the recommended portion size so this makes it ten times easier for counting calories as it'll say it on the pack.

Hi

I have officially started back properly today and having a great time been power hooping and running at the gym :)

I have kitchen scales and I swear by mines but sometimes it's easy just to know that something is portioned already when on the go x

Take each day as it come and know you're not alone.

The one thing that stopped/stops me from coming back to minimins is that I hated moaning! Lol but we all have similar stories and everyone is lovely so don't ever feel like I do sometimes! X

Hey everyone thanks for the repliesI am on day 3 now and going strong so here's hoping I can keep the momentum going xx

Last edited:
Back