Struggling help plz

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Ta for taking time to read post but problem i have is i dont get hungry in the morning and can go till afternoon till i have first meal and then i have my big meal at night, now when i have a breakfast i do have bacon eggs etc but i dont like the cereals they have on heA or like yoghurt etc so im really stuck on what to have for breakfast.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

many thanks

How about a bacon or cheese omlette using a heA? I'm the same can go until dinner untill I am hungry. Some times I do have one of my Alpen light bar from my heB's.

How about a bacon or cheese omlette using a heA? I'm the same can go until dinner untill I am hungry. Some times I do have one of my Alpen light bar from my heB's.

Thanks for getting back but i dont like any healthy bars neither dunno maybe dont like the texture as tried them from class, but a omelette sounds good so thats two more meals and egg and crackerbread i like but do you tend to stick to 3 meals or just eat when hungry?

do you like ryvitas, i sometimes use my heb ryvitas and make bacon sarnis with them. sometimes i spread the ryvitas with low fat cream cheese as well then add the bacon and tomatoes

I have not tried the ones from class but the summer fruits alpen lights I find are lovely. I eat when I am hungry. I have been on the cambridge diet before and that taught me just how much i needed to eat rather than what I wanted to. Personally eating food just because it's that time of day doesn't suit me. Have you tried the syn free pancake recipe? I can highly recommend that with fruit for breakfast.

I have not tried the ones from class but the summer fruits alpen lights I find are lovely. I eat when I am hungry. I have been on the cambridge diet before and that taught me just how much i needed to eat rather than what I wanted to. Personally eating food just because it's that time of day doesn't suit me. Have you tried the syn free pancake recipe? I can highly recommend that with fruit for breakfast.

oh not keen on pancakes but yanno im willig to give that ago where do i find this recipe thanks again :D

do you like ryvitas, i sometimes use my heb ryvitas and make bacon sarnis with them. sometimes i spread the ryvitas with low fat cream cheese as well then add the bacon and tomatoes

Oh thanks metro will defo give that ago but i prefer wholegrain crackerbread when i can find it in shops :D

I'm the same! Have to force myself to eat sometimes. One of the good things about not working means I don't have to eat at set times. I generally drop my daughter off at school then have a large brunch about 10-11am. This keeps me going til dinnertime then.
My fave breakfasts are usually egg based... scrambled or poached eggs on toast or omelette with tomatoes and mushrooms and ounce of cheese as hexA. Sometimes I just have marmalade on toast.

Someone suggested to me to sit and make a list of potential breakfasts using the meal planners out of the magazines. Have quite a few mags now so should have a good few to choose from!!! This will just save me from having to think in the mornings!! LOL!!

What about a 3 egg omlette with 3 skinny cow very light cheese triangles from a HEXA added to it (save the other 3 triangles to have at lunch or as a snack) I find eating an omlette for brekkie really fills me up and then I don't get so hungry before lunch and I am not tempted to over eat at lunch then, the eggs are SF food too so you can't go wrong.

How about beans on toast if it's a green day? Really fills me up and it's quick. You said you didn't like ceral bars, neither did i until i tried the Alpen light chocolate and fudge bars (2 HExB), i have one at breakfast and then save the other until i feel like i need a snack (or a vaguely chocolatey fix).

Some more suggestions - breakfast doesn't always have to be traditional brekkie items:
  • SW rice pudding with soft fruits
  • SW quiche
  • Toast with sliced tomato, seasoned with salt and black pepper
  • Scrambled/poached/fried egg on toast
  • Filled roll with egg mayo (extra light) and Laughing Cow or Babybel Lights
  • Porridge with chopped banana
  • Fruit salad
  • Dried apricots
  • Kellogg's Crunchy Oatbakes - more like hob nobs than cereal!
Also think about being a bit more adventurous with your food, trying new foods or different ways of preparing them. I aim to try something new every week.

I'm the same! Have to force myself to eat sometimes. One of the good things about not working means I don't have to eat at set times. I generally drop my daughter off at school then have a large brunch about 10-11am. This keeps me going til dinnertime then.
My fave breakfasts are usually egg based... scrambled or poached eggs on toast or omelette with tomatoes and mushrooms and ounce of cheese as hexA. Sometimes I just have marmalade on toast.

Someone suggested to me to sit and make a list of potential breakfasts using the meal planners out of the magazines. Have quite a few mags now so should have a good few to choose from!!! This will just save me from having to think in the mornings!! LOL!!

aww thanks will give that a go and maybe some dinners as well, well mean lunch hehehe thanks again

What about a 3 egg omlette with 3 skinny cow very light cheese triangles from a HEXA added to it (save the other 3 triangles to have at lunch or as a snack) I find eating an omlette for brekkie really fills me up and then I don't get so hungry before lunch and I am not tempted to over eat at lunch then, the eggs are SF food too so you can't go wrong.

that acutally sounds rather nice might make that one day mmm thanks again

How about beans on toast if it's a green day? Really fills me up and it's quick. You said you didn't like ceral bars, neither did i until i tried the Alpen light chocolate and fudge bars (2 HExB), i have one at breakfast and then save the other until i feel like i need a snack (or a vaguely chocolatey fix).

oh willing to try them bars but where do you get them from and did you say you can have 2 from one b or 2 from 2 b's haha thanks

Some more suggestions - breakfast doesn't always have to be traditional brekkie items:
  • SW rice pudding with soft fruits
  • SW quiche
  • Toast with sliced tomato, seasoned with salt and black pepper
  • Scrambled/poached/fried egg on toast
  • Filled roll with egg mayo (extra light) and Laughing Cow or Babybel Lights
  • Porridge with chopped banana
  • Fruit salad
  • Dried apricots
  • Kellogg's Crunchy Oatbakes - more like hob nobs than cereal!
Also think about being a bit more adventurous with your food, trying new foods or different ways of preparing them. I aim to try something new every week.

thanks but not keen on porridge or rice pudding i think the texture im not sure but great ideas well if i buy something i dont like no doubt the kids will scoff them but thanks i have a bit now to write down later and maybe start eating a breakfast or if not hungry have it later on at night when i get peakish, cos surely doesnt matter when you have breakfast surely hehe

breakfast is so called becuase you break the fast you go into when you sleep.
having breakfast earlier will start your metabolism and you will start using your reserves.
having said that i too struggle with bfast and have started having weetabix, something from my childhood which. i feel, doesnt need much effort in the busy am!
tx

Oops sorry that wasn't clear! It's Alpen light bars for one HexB choice, bargain i say! I get mine either from Waitrose or Sainsbury's, as my Tesco doesn't stock the choc/fudge ones and they are the ONLY ones i like.

Why not try something like a cheese toastie? You can use your bread from HEB and your cheese from HEA.

You can put allsorts on a toastie so you could add tomato, onion, peppers, ham, anything (depending on what plan you are doing ;))

Back