Struggling on period week

Jennyb61

Its my second week back on SW (return of SW, SW part 2 - the revenge of the butt!) and of course it is period week, oh the joy.

I am massively struggling with litterally wanting to eat the world and I wondered how everyone else handles this or if you give in? I have a little bit of chocolate or some special k cracker crisps depending on if I want sweet or savoury and keep it all within my syns but it's just not enough and I woke up at 3 yesteday morning and this morning craving a huge cupcake

I have to say at this point that I dont actually have a sweet tooth, I'm a savoury girl who has never met a pringle she doesn't like and could eat cheese for Britain

Does anyone have any suggestions or even recipes that could help because I cant see past my craving and it is making me ratty?

Thanks guys xxx

Hiya Lovely,

I rejoined SW last Thursday so first weigh in for me tomorrow (eeeek) and my time is due and i can feel the need to eat creeping up already! I LOVE cheese too :( , its my biggest downfall (apart from wine ha ha!).......

I find that I try to keep within my syns with low syn treats but at this particular time of the month I have plenty of boiled eggs to snack on, cooked chicken, ham, fruit salads, mullerlights etc. Of course there are days where i do feel thats simply not enough - so i try to have something a little more 'filling' spicy wedges (sweet pot and normal) with a syn free dip...... tend to curb the pringle problem ;) xx

I struggle with period weeks too - usually I try & stay strong by reminding myself why I'm doing this & my goals. I do tend to drink ALOT of diet coke though during that particular week.
Why not use your syns for treats that you want during these days, so syn either sweet or savoury treats x

I suppose it depends what you're craving at any time!

Crisps - I make some SW chips, or just have a bag of velvet crunch (4) or a "normal packet"
Chocolate - Either a bar factored into my syns (I'm loving Kinder Bueno ATM at 6 syns, for a stronger hit I have 90% lindt dark chocolate, 6.5 syns per 25g, but it's actually very difficult to eat 25g of the stuff!) or an options hot chocolate
Cake - Instant chocolate pudding (2 syns for the options) - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/290470-instant-chocolate-pudding-only-2-syns.html Linky.

i struggle as my appetite soars on *week. I try to drink more water and no added suger squash (really really cold so it feels like a treat). Or I will use my hexb on hifi/alpen bars (choc and fudge ones) and keep my syns for extra treats. like a curly wyrly out of the freezer - takes ages to eat and therefore fills the sugar craving.

I struggle with this too! I tend to stock up on diet coke and sugar free sparkling flavoured water! Things like spicy wedges with a dip are lovely too! Hifi Bars and bananas are also a godsend! :)

My consultant told us last year that SW had looked into this, combined with doctors, nutritionalists and other evidence , that if you have a few green days before and during *week you tend to have less cravings.
It has certainly helped me, and some others in class...doesn't remove them all, but it does reduce them
Give it a go, it may well help, and certainly won't do any harm ....all you've got to lose is pounds

My consultant told us last year that SW had looked into this, combined with doctors, nutritionalists and other evidence , that if you have a few green days before and during *week you tend to have less cravings.
It has certainly helped me, and some others in class...doesn't remove them all, but it does reduce them
Give it a go, it may well help, and certainly won't do any harm ....all you've got to lose is pounds

Oooh I may try this! I suffer from ridiculous pains too! To the point where I throw up! I thought you grew out of this haha!

That's really interesting!

i can empathise completely!

what gets me through period or pmt week:
saving my alpen (HEB) for after work, microwaving them and putting them into a muller light, or jam on brown toast
mounds of SW chips with beans and ham (Comfort food for me)
a homemade pie (with mash on the top)
pasta meals
HOT lemonade, or hot blackcurrant in the microwave
fish from the chippy with mushy pea - dont eat skin of fish then its free

Also i make an extra effort to go to the gym at least once in period week, helps me to stop being so ratty, and when i get home i feel a massive sense of achievement and dont feel the urge to eat a big cake.

good luck and dont beat urself up xx

Thank you so much everyone its nice to know im not the only one struggling and I am deifnitely going to try having a few green days and see if that helps. I didn't eat a giant cake in the end I had egg, tons of SW chips and beans for dinner followed by a frozen orange mullerlight with dark chocolate sprinkles :)

Pickled eggs, packets of ham, velvet crunch and gallons of diet coke, I can usually get away with a maintain or 1/2 loss that week and then back to normal the week after!

It makes me feel so rotten though, tired beyond belief and dreadful headache and sore shoulders, that bit only lasts 24 hours thank goodness!

Aww I am so glad I found this thread. I'm only in my second week and cheese is my downfall. However, it's TOTM now and I have literally been daydreaming about chocolate cake all day :drool: I was also going crazy for something sweet last night so I had a massive bowl of fresh pineapple, grapes and kiwi smothered in Marks & Spencer Count On Us Vanilla Yogurt. It was absolutely deliciously sweet as well as filling so it helped - great that it was all Syn free too. I then had a Cadburys Freddo for 5 Syns. Definitely helped! I know fruit seems like a poor substitute when all you want to do is go and befriend a family-size bar of chocolate but the natural fructose does definitely help!

Options hot chocolate! Heavenly in this weather too :)

em :)

A couple of us were discussing cheese in class this evening...one is such a cheese monster, that she tries to avoid it for as long as poss....
Well, if you're doing a green day, you could have 2x HEA, and, if using the correctly listed cheese in HEB section x2 that's 4 lots!!!
Dunno if that helps

Back