Extra Easy Struggling so much on extra easy

Sonia1976

Hi everyone,
Struggling so much, have been on the plan for 3weeks, scales are going the wrong direction this week:-( have been on the plan strictly for 3 weeks no treats.
Wondering if I'm eating too much! :-(
Using almost 5 sins a day maybe a few more some days.
:-(

What did the scales do in the last 2 weeks?
Are you having a third superfree with each meal?
Do you only snack on superfree foods?

If so then EE should work. However, it doesn't work for some and they follow red and green.

What is a typical day's food for you?

Have you had your diary checked. x Don't give up

hey Sonia,

I was doin EE when i started and i had gaihed! I was very upset but didnt give up!

I tried Red days and I have losses!

Try it! dont gv up!

xxx

Hi thank you for response,
I lost 2lb 1st and second week.
I'm having
eggs and beans for breakfast 1 slice whole meal bread
Pasta with salad tuna and very low mayonnaise for lunch with fruit
Potatoes with lean meat and veg for dinner
Not many snacks apart from fruit, maybe packet of snack a jacks,
I exercise 2-3 times a week doing 2 hours of kickboxing and drink about 2litres of water. I haven't had no biscuits, chocolate, or anything nice since I started.
Are my portions too big? :-(

KazzW said:
Have you had your diary checked. x Don't give up

Hi,
I'm not attending a class doing it on my own. Got the plan books and food directory to help and this site which is helping me loads, but am so scared I'm going to give up. Have about 3 and 1/2 stone to loose :-( x
)

why don't you start a food diary in the section above, so people can take a look over it and see if you're going wrong anywhere. it might just be one of those things.. some of us gain every so often for no apparent reason. to lose 4lb in 3 weeks is brilliant though so please don't give up! xx

So you've lost 4lb in 2 weeks. That's fab!
Have you had your official WI this week or are you a scale hopper?
Weight can fluctuate during the weekend which can make you feel despondant.

No you are not eating too much. All I would suggest is some superfree with your breakfast - tomatoes or mushrooms maybe? Does your salad with your pasta and tuna make up a third of the meal? Same goes for your veg with dinner, is it superfree?

Don't give up. SW works, as the first 2 weeks have proved.

Superstar Naz said:
hey Sonia,

I was doin EE when i started and i had gaihed! I was very upset but didnt give up!

I tried Red days and I have losses!

Try it! dont gv up!

xxx

Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply!
I'm not sure if I will manage on red days as I think I would run out of things to eat. I like the idea of mixing both.
What's your diary like on a red day?
I will give it a try though anything to help with my loss :)
X

jaylou said:
So you've lost 4lb in 2 weeks. That's fab!
Have you had your official WI this week or are you a scale hopper?
Weight can fluctuate during the weekend which can make you feel despondant.

No you are not eating too much. All I would suggest is some superfree with your breakfast - tomatoes or mushrooms maybe? Does your salad with your pasta and tuna make up a third of the meal? Same goes for your veg with dinner, is it superfree?

Don't give up. SW works, as the first 2 weeks have proved.

My weigh in day is tomorrow, but looked today:-( I should stop really. I have a body fat analyser and says I have put on more fat than last week. More than the pounds in weight that I've put on.
I try to have superfree food but I don't like much salad and veg, my veg is better than salad, so my evening meal is better than breakfast and lunch.
I really can't afford class fees at the moment so just getting help and suggestions from here.

My suggestions would be to only get weighed once a week. It would stop you feeling like this before WI.
You may be tempted to go off track today and sabotage what may be a loss tomorrow.

The first 2 weeks worked so there's no reason why it would not work now. Is it time of the month? That can cause a temporary fluid gain.

If you don't much salad and veg then perhaps you'd be better following red or green. I don't do much red as I find I'm hungry but a lot on here do, and love it. I'm more of a green girl, that or EE.

Like I said, don't give up. If nothing has changed from the first two weeks then there really is no problem.

jaylou said:
My suggestions would be to only get weighed once a week. It would stop you feeling like this before WI.
You may be tempted to go off track today and sabotage what may be a loss tomorrow.

The first 2 weeks worked so there's no reason why it would not work now. Is it time of the month? That can cause a temporary fluid gain.

If you don't much salad and veg then perhaps you'd be better following red or green. I don't do much red as I find I'm hungry but a lot on here do, and love it. I'm more of a green girl, that or EE.

Like I said, don't give up. If nothing has changed from the first two weeks then there really is no problem.

Thank you so much for your help!
Maybe I will try changing a few things that I'm doing maybe try green or red days.
Do I have to have superfree food with everymeal, and snack only superfree food?

It is recommended on EE that a third of your plate is superfree and that you make superfree foods your first choice for snacks.
However, SW say they would never force anyone to eat things they didn't want to and that it is just a recommendation for increased weight losses.

The fat analysing function of scales can fluctuate depending on your level of hydration - they're not 100% accurate about your fat % so try not to worry if the number changes a little bit. :)

I have seen it suggested on here before that not eating enough syns can slow down weight-loss. If your body does not get enough calories I think it holds on to the calories it does get, all the more firmly. Maybe up your syns to 8-10 a day (you're allowed 15), and see if that helps. SW states that you def should not have less then 5 a day.

Hi Sonia

I really struggled on EE and only lost 1/2lb and 1/4lb on the first 2 weeks that I tried it. Like you, I struggled filling my plate with a 1/3 superfree.

So I now do R/G mixtures - I do mostly red as I'm a protein lover - but I do make sure that I do a couple of G each week and really up my fruit and drink intake.

I would also definitely up your Syn intake - lots of people find that if they have about 10 a day their weight loss increases. I save mine for VERY naughty things (i.e. wine!) so that I don't feel too deprived!

You could also just be a slow loser like me. It doesn't matter how much I stick to plan I only manage to lose about 1 lb a week so don't despair and don't give up. 4 lbs in 2 weeks is GREAT!

You can do it!

Yes, definitely try upping your syns - your body needs little bits of fat/unhealthy things so that it doesn't go into weight loss shock and try and hold on to everything that you do eat. They're in the plan for a reason!

The idea of superfree foods too is that it naturally helps you limit how much you're eating - so having fruit after a large bowl of pasta wouldn't necessarily be that helpful, whereas having peas or sweetcorn in the pasta would.

If you're struggling to eat superfree foods, just throw bits into your meals - chopped peppers, peas and sweetcorn in rice, carrot and celery in bolognese, any veg you can think of in chilli - it's easier than thinking of an exciting way to serve them on the side!

I wasn't losing of EE after the first week either, so I swapped to red days and things improved dramatically.

TBH I think I would ok going back to EE now because I wouldn't eat as much and I am naturally limiting things like fruit and mullerlights etc. I DO have an average of 10 syns per day though (I limit myself to 70 per week and try to eat nearly all of them....I don't have to try hard for that bit!).

Thank you everyone for your comments:) they really help when your feeling like giving up. Still on the plan 100%.
the only thing I'm struggling on is having more sins. I haven't had anything naughty for 3 weeks, I'm scared too, feel that if I eat chocolate or something I won't stop:/( I shouldn't feel that way as if I have sins left over I should use them. I have had about 3 sins today, marg for my mash and gravy for my mince. Maybe I will try to find some deserts that are sin friendly. I don't like yogurts, struggle sometimes on what to have for sweets. X

Back