Struggling? Thats me!!!

mrsmotivation

When i saw strugglers and restarters I thought thats def me! started on weight watchers last april and was going well until in June I found that i was pregnant, with gestational diabetes in pregnancy i followed three healthy meals a day and barely gained any weight in my pregnancy, infact I lost weight. I was 180lbs on my first doctors appointment and on weighting myself after coming home from hospital I was delighted to find 168lbs. I've been eating using the weightwatchers points plan and exercising 4-5 times a week, 45 minutes at a time and I'm down to about 159lbs, but then the dreaded EASTER came and I was away for week with family so let myself have a week off. Now starting back tomorrow I have to pull the motivation out of some where to continue and get myself to 140lbs....
I'm going back to meetings on Wed and hopefully weight in will go well and I'll feel the support of leader and group and it'll spur me on.
I don't ever want to gain back the weight that i've lost because the confidence I've gained fits better than any of my new clothes. ;)

I don't ever want to gain back the weight that i've lost because the confidence I've gained fits better than any of my new clothes. ;)

I couldnt have said it better myself. You've just given yourself the motivation to get back on track and lose the rest of the weight you want to.

Well done with your losses so far and good luck for the rejoin and weigh in next week.

Thanks for your reply Vanda, your doing really well with your weight loss too, your lost more than 5% of yourself and I think it's really good to think of it in pounds of butter or sugar, imagine carrying 16 pounds of butter around the supermarket with you! Keep it up!

The weather was sunny today, so I brought my 2 sons to the local park, but first we met my cousin for lunch, I had healthy option, open chicken sandwich on brown bread, was really nice and I managed not to have any chocolate goodies with my coffee afterwards! Was very pleased with that and even more pleased when I managed to pass up on an ice cream at the park. Finished my eating this evening with a weightwatchers meal and salad.

I'm finding it hard to control my urges to snack after dinner but I think if i keep my mind on other things I'll get through it. So off to relax now with this months copy of Health and Fitness, hopefully i'll pick up some tips in it!

Mrsmotivation,I know what you mean... Easter has lead me to be off track feeling bummed about my gain as I got to a low point that I had been trying to conquer for months. Now I have to work extra hard to get back there.

It is hard to get back on track but it can be done. I couldnt manage without keeping some points daily for my evening munch while watching tv, just had some grapes and a packet of crisps.

You just need your head in the right place, I'm after spotting an Easter Egg in the back of a press and just ignored it thankfully, perhaps i'll eat it at goal!!

No all joking aside, I got up this morning full of energy and motivation, (even did 30 mins of lower body exercises that i got in this months health and fitness magazine, going to try do them at least every 2nd day) have made out menu plan for evening meals for next four evenings. WW Fish cakes this evening which i just made and left in fridge, chicken with pasta in a tomato sauce tomorrow evening, beef stir fry Wed and breaded cod on Thursday. Went to supermarket and got everything needed before i collect my son from school.

I think planning ahead for the week is the best way to do it, that way it's easier to stay on track. Will have to think of something nice to have on Fri, for some reason i always find friday hard.

On fitness side of things I needed new trainers so went and purchased the new Reebok Easytone, been wearing them for a few hours and they seem to be causing some sort of numbness in my toes. I think I may need to return them and try a different brand, pity cuse they are very comfy but numb feet isn't great.

Sun is shining here so will go for long walk maybe throw in a little jogging if i can! Keep up good work everyone!

Snacks!

It is hard to get back on track but it can be done. I couldnt manage without keeping some points daily for my evening munch while watching tv, just had some grapes and a packet of crisps.

Vanda,
Your right i always have to save a few points for a snack while watching the soaps, normally WW biscuits or cakes do the trick with nice cup of tea or coffee!! ;)

Hi

I have just come back from holiday and have re-started my diet today. So far so good....... but I just hope I can get my body back into keotosis quickly so that I can stick to the diet.

I was really good and have not put on any weight whilst I was away although I didn't stick to my Go Lower diet at all.

Good luck with getting back into it.

Hi

I have just come back from holiday and have re-started my diet today. So far so good....... but I just hope I can get my body back into keotosis quickly so that I can stick to the diet.

I was really good and have not put on any weight whilst I was away although I didn't stick to my Go Lower diet at all.

Good luck with getting back into it.

i wish i could manage to go away on holiday and not come back with a gain. well done

Thanks Gillian, I was as shocked as anyone. On all my past diets I only needed a weekend off and I would pile on the pounds.

I don't know how I did it as I ate what I wanted, quite a few ice creams etc but I didn't stuff myself silly and go stupid.

I didn't pick as much as I normally do on holiday but I also was not perfect and so I am very proud of myself.

However, last night I did pick on some crisps AND I am supposed to be getting back into my diet. I wasn't even hungry..... I just knew they were there.... tonight if I feel the urge I must be good. The longer I take to get back into keotosis the harder it will be!

SuzyK, thats brilliant to have been away and not gained you should be really proud of yourself. It's good to have a few treats when your away otherwise it could lead to an all out pig fest!

Gillian your doing really well with you weight loss just looking at your stats, what plan are you following?

So I went back to weight watchers this morning for first time since I had baby in Jan, I have been following the plan at home since end of Jan but felt was stuck at 11st 5, when I stepped up on scales this morning was delighted when leader told me i was 11st 2lbs!!! Was walking on air all day and I'm so full of motivation now too! Bring on next weeks weight in!

Well done Mrs M. You should also feel very proud.

I am still feeling very proud of myself and a bit big headed, but that is only because I am so pleased with myself, and shocked.

When I started with my Go Lower diet I saw the weight falling off and it has been great motivation because I am seeing a difference everytime I get on the scales.

For it ALL to stay off while I was away, well I just never expected that. It just shows I have finally found the diet for me! It took long enough!

Suzy sounds like your like me so, I cannot actually believe that I've come this far with the weight loss. I never thought that I'd get there with it now I'm 16lbs away from goal and it's all that i need to keep me going! Was in the gym this morning and anytime I wanted to give up I thought of stepping up on the scalesnext wed and having positive result! Fingers crossed anyway!!

Hi again

You will have positive results next week. Look how good you are going to the gym. It is years since I have been as I really can't stand exercising!

Well done on your loss and being so close to goal, I know I have another few months until I get there, but get there I will!

you def will, keep up the hard work and you'll get there before you know it.

this forum is great as well to keep you busy for few minutes when you might want to eat.

Going to a fashion show tonight to see new spring lines. Have my own outfit picked out and all

Well done both of you! Isn't it ironic that a GOOD weigh in can encourage us to continue and lose even more... yet a BAD one, which ought theoretically motivate us even more, does the reverse!

Great to get a bit of exercise too... even if a specific "diet" doesn't require it... for maintenance, it'll be a godsend if you've found an activity you like (or just don't hate!). For me it's walking... I'm definitely not a gym bunny but now a walk which used to be a trial (on strike days only) I now do most days in half the time previously... build up slowly, ipod in ears, I feel GREAT when I get to work even on one hour's less sleep to find the time!

We'll get there!

Hi Mrs M,

how was the fashion show? Any hints on what we will be wearing this summer when we are at goal......

I really need to start thinking about my outfit for my 40th in September, but on my Go lower diet I will have lost quite a few more stone by then so it is difficult to get an idea of what I will be able to wear.

Hi Joanne

One day I suppose I may find an exercise I like.

My limit at the moment is the short walk to school from where I have to park.

Being the holidays I am not even doing that...... in fact as my kids are still away I am having a really lazy week but that will all change soon! So long as planes start flying again this weekend!

I haven't seen the news yet this morning but I also don't see any vapour trails in the sky so I am not sure if our airsapce is still off limits. I guess I should switch on the news shortly to find out.

Hi Joanne, your right you'd think that a bad weight in would make us even more determined but it can have awful effects on the old motivation. It's good that your back on track and in the mind frame again though.

Suzy, fashion show was brilliant, indulged in a few glasses of vino but had the points allowance worked up to allow, when I went in i was approached by a lady who wanted to speak to me about my outfit! I was short listed for Best Dressed!! I was delighted, I was wearing cream chinos, nude heels, black and white striped top with beading on shoulders and light pink dinner jacket with a Karen Millen bag. I didn't win but the woman who did looked fabulous, i had noticed her on my way in.

Yeah you'll have to find something gorgeous to wear for your 40th, something that really shows off your new figure. Wait until a month before and maybe go somewhere that has a personal shopper that will help you find something to suit your new figure.

Hi ladies, just popping in to say hello and hope you are all doing well.

Bren
X

hi bren how's everything going for your are you still on track? weather nice in oz? it's nice and sunny here at moment, makes it easier to eat lots of salady things! lol

Back