Struggling to have my HEX A

Hi,

I am really struggling to eat my HEX A each day, especially on the days where i dont have cereal for breakfast. Today i have a big bowl of melon and a yogurt for breakfast so didnt use my HEX A then so would have to use 350ml of Skimmed Milk in tea which is a hell of a lot of cuppas!

What do you do on days when you arent using your HEX A for milk? The only option i can think of is whilst my dinner is cooking tonight to munch on x4 dairlea lights or a slice of 30g cheese.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lisa :)

Yes you should because its calcium for a healthy diet. Likewise the b choices like bread,cereal are for fibre. Its important to have your full quota every day.

oopps - i have max 4 cups of tea a day and count that as my HEa - MUST TRY HARDER!

I sometimes split my HEAs. I know some people aren't keen on doing that but it seems to work for me. Maybe half for milk on my cereal in the morning and half for parmesan on my pasta or risotto. Or half for milk in tea throughout the day and half for soft cheese on some ryvita.

I've really struggled to have my HEA on a particular day, I sometimes have a hot chocolate at night made with milk rather than water. You need to use a couple of syns as well depending on the one you have but it's really nice as a treat sometimes.

I agree with hollys nan that you should try and have it every day as it's part of the plan and ensures that you're having a healthy balanced 'diet' (grrr, I hate that word! :)).

I only have a few cups of tea so I count half a syn for each dash of skimmed milk. Then have 4 laughing cow blue cheese on melba toasts (also half a syn each). Or I may split it in half have two l.cows and use some parmesan on my tea just depends what I am having

Thank you that is all really helpful. The other day i just sat and ate 4 dairylea lights with nothing else as i had already had my HEX B my boyfriend looked at me as if i was absolutely crazy! x

I like Oatly or Kara chocolate milk for a bit of a "different" A choice (200ml). Feels quite naughty but totally on plan!

I almost always split my HEAs - usually 1 small tub (35g) of philly light for breakfast and then 125ml of milk through the day in tea (Lisa - have you thought about switching to semi skimmed or full fat milk? Much easier to get through the HEa allowance in a day that way!), or 15g cheddar grated over my chilli con carne or something. But, worst case scenario, eating a 30g block of cheddar or 2 mini babybels or something on its own isn't too much of a hardship for me. But then I loooooove cheese!

I tend to eat cheese before bed to use mine up! Do enjoy a few babybels :D Current favourite is Tabasco Cheddar though, conveniently in 30g portions already!!

Splitting HEa is totally allowed! I struggle with this one too, I try to plan cheese into my dinners, like in jacket potato or for a baked topping etc. it is the one I struggle with a lot! B is much easier when I have so many Hi Fi Berry Bakewells stashed away and a love for wholemeal rolls and bread. Mmmmm looking forward to tomorrow's leftover cowboy pot pot and mini wholemeal rolls already! ^.^

I never knew you could split it out, that would make it so much easier. I am going to give that a go this week.

Princes Stevie where can you buy the chocolate milk from that sounds amazing!

I made options caramel hot chocolate with mine last night. 2 syns but it was delicious. I put it in my travel mug and it lasted about an hour.

I made options caramel hot chocolate with mine last night. 2 syns but it was delicious. I put it in my travel mug and it lasted about an hour.
Oooo, that's a good idea, sounds like double chocolate heaven! Well worth the 2 syns I'd say :drool:

Off to Waitrose for some Oatly I go!

I don't think splitting is recommended (atleast when I asked my C she said it wasn't) couldn't you use a milk with less of an allowance? (For example full fat milk)? Just if its that important to you to have your HEX's, or have baby bells or something as a grab HEX :)

Back