Struggling to set a target weight

EMR

Hi Guys,

Im new to slimming world but loving the plan so far. Im never full and ive lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. What i'm struggling with is setting an ideal target weight. I'm currently 5'8 and I was 15st 5 but now 14st 13. Im 19 as well :)

Any help appreciated!

:) xx

Your consultant could help you set a target if you have no idea.

You can choose whichever target you want but the PDA system can give you highest and lowest healthy weights according to BMI as a guideline.
Interim targets can also be set to keep you going as small milestones to keep you motivated :)

I've just posted about this as well! I set my first target as over a BMI of 25. I chose losing 3 stone as it seemed doable - not over facing. I'm now thinking about moving it down a bit.

sometimes the consultant lets you leave the target weight box empty until you've thought of one..
if you're struggling, why don't you just work out what the weight would be that equals a healthy BMI.. seems the most logic thing to do :) xx

I haven't bothered setting a target - it's so far away I think it would be disheartening to see how far I have to go! Instead I'm setting mini targets, lose my first stone, get to club 10, get out of the 300lbs - you might find it more helpful to do that and just see how you feel along the way.

Well done to you so far!! I was 15 stone when I started Slimming World and now at 12st12lbs. I have set a target for the very top of my "healthy BMI" (11st7lbs) and see how I feel then. I'm not all that keen on the BMI thing as everyone is different but you can always change your targets or set interim ones until you are happy with the way you feel? :) xx

I have just set one as my previous lowest weight and then around 11st, but if I'm happy before that then I'll stop of course. If you remember a weight you felt comfortable at, then maybe go for that, or if you're really stuck you could use your ideal BMI. I wouldn't pin too much onto BMI as it does ignore your body composition, but it is generally a decent measure.

I havent set a target and I never set weekly targets either I find I put my self under stress and end up gaining. There is nothing wrong with not setting a goal to be at x gd luck on ur journey x

I've just rejoined slimming world to lose this stubborn stone which is lingering after the both of my daughter 4 months ago. My initial target was to have a healthy BMI which I now have :D I'm just going to go from there and see how I feel! I would advise just setting little interim targets and seeing how you feel in yourself x

Back