Struggling today

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Im on day 4, and am finding today so hard. I dont know why. I just want food. I keep asking myself how the heck am I going to do this diet for months on end. I was so successful on CD a few years ago, why is this time so hard? I cant not do the diet, I have so much to lose, feeling very miserable.:cry:

Sorry to hear that. Many restarters find it hard to get going with a vlcd the second time around- I certainly did. I wasted all of last year starting and stopping within a few days and instead of losing the extra 2 stone I'd gained, I ended up putting another 2 stone on :eek:

Try not to think of how much you have to lose and set yourself a few smaller goals to get yourself motivated. If you're on day 4 you will soon be in ketosis and only 3 days off your first WI - so don't give up now :)

Try and distract yourself from focussing on the dreaded 'f' word and think how great you'll feel when you get through this tough bit.

Good luck and keep strong.

Try not to think of the big picture at the moment and think of 7 days at a time, you are over half way to your first goal then. My first hard day was day one and day 21, so glad I stuck to it though as I would have kicke myself. It is a long journey but will be so worth it.
Good luck on staying strong x

I thought about having a WS day, but I know I will get in a habit of having them. And I dont want a 4oo cal meal, just some prawns or low fat cottage cheese.

Hey hun I've been a bit like that this weekend, I am now doing TS for the week but then on a Friday (day after weigh in ) having low cal meal I had grille chicken grilled mushrooms and steamed asparagus last Friday under 200 cals ! I think this will help me and prevent me from cheating / binging x

I felt like you for the first couple of weeks and couldn't understand how I'd managed it before on CD but you will get into your groove once the first horrible week is done. Just think of the weight coming off, picture yourself the way you were when you lost weight before, imagine buying new clothes, a new haircut, feeling pride in yourself and don't let it beat you. Take a day at a time and it will get easier. Lots of luck x

Back