struggling tonight

HERTS_FEM26

I been on lighterlife for 7 days now on day 8 and I am struggling for the 1st time. I keep tasting and smelling certain f**ds and its becoming very unsettling. Been drinking lots and have an upset stomach now so my meds aren't staying in my system so my depression has reared its ugly head. I don't wana fail I am so worried I will tho as I have terrible will power. HELP PLZ

Don't panic !! I know i've not been on this for very long but I know this programme is extremely difficult, I've been on 6 days and i've been containing myself from the strangest cravings and awaking from dreams which involve me binging on all sorts, awaking upset because I think i've ruined the whole thing. But i've been strong enough to put my head down and just keep going, not let it bother me too much.
You just have to think that in a few months, you'll be looking back on your experiences now, healthier, happier and still losing - think of all of the compliments that you'll receive. It's hell now yes - I know exactly what it's like as i'm there now too, but just think of the benefits in the long run, that's what's helping me stay abstinent :]

Just come back to the forum for support if and when you're feeling awful, more than likely someone is in the same boat and can help you out :D

Try rinsing with mouthwash - I know it sounds weird but it helps me get rid of any urges .. Give it a go it might help you x

Thank u. I will try the mouthwash thing. Sounds good. Think I was just very tired last night but I have got insomnia now and its hard to sleep. Every minute all I can think of is food and every so often I taste something. I have 2 children aswell so I cook thier dinner every night so I have to really be good.

I know where your coming from, day 12 was hard for me. It's a nightmare having to cook for family as well as do this diet, but you can do it. Stay strong and keep visualising the weight gone by the summer and how much easier life will be.
Good luck

Hey stand up dust off, draw the line ad get back on! TBH you really need to get your head in the right place else you will go around and around ... You can do it x

Come on, don't think of it as starting again, think of it as continuing. If you took a car journey and had to stop at the services en route it wouldn't be starting again, it would be a brief rest break, think of it like that! The less breaks the quicker you reach your destination, too many and the journey becomes a drag.

100% tomorrow here you come!

Hope you've had a good day herts! You can do this as nic says its a journey that won't always run smoothly xx

Good thought. I have had a rough couple of days but I am more positive today so I am hoping back into the car again for rest of the journey although I think the miles have got a bit longer again.

Hope your day was better, well done on sticking with it.

Can you call your LLC to find out why you are going off track? It might be a trigger in your life that you can try to either avoid or just be prepared for?

I am so looking forward to reading you celebrating that you avoided slipping up soon. It may not feel possible now but if you stick with this you will get to that point!

For me I have a visit planned to see my brother and his wife who I have not seen for years and I really want to look my best and shake of this weight as they have not seen me this size. So I have a fixed 12 weeks to achieve this. So when I am tempted (and trust me I have been) I challenge if it is really worth delaying my goal. TBH it has not always worked but afterwards I feel it was my choice.

So can you break your journey into smaller targets? With each goal you reward yourself with a non food reward?

But please the most important thing to remember is that you are sticking with this diet (can I say the D word) and we are all here to help!

Back