Struggling with cravings

Aiven

I have never been a big fan of sweets but for the past few days all i'm craving is chocolate. I have tried to eat things with sweetener but it's not about the sweet taste but chocolate that i need. Day by day it gets worse and i almost got to the point when i think that i'm going to binge on it for a day and go back to a diet, otherwise i will go mad;/ Has anybody been in same situation? It's my 5th week so i should not have any cravings anymore;/

Hi Aiven, I'm struggling with this too and I am only on day 12!! Being surrounded by Easter eggs doesn't help.
Feeling tired really doesn't help me because I just want to eat what is easy and I can't stop eating at the moment, the protein just doesn't seem to be as fulfilling as it was earlier on for some reason!

Hi, if you're really desperate, try damage limitation:
how about a Dukan friendly hot chocolate to satisfy that specific craving? Theoretically you are allowed 1ts of fat-reduced coca powder as one tolerated item. Now that kind is hard to find so I have used 'normal' cocoa powder (like Green&Blacks or Bournville - NOT 'Drinking chocolate' or similar that has already got sugar etc added) and counted one Teaspoon as TWO tolerated so no other tolerateds allowed that day.

In a mug mix 1 TS cocoa powder, 1 or 2 TS dried skimmed milk. Add a bit of skimmed milk and mix to a paste before topping up with milk and mixing well. Heat in microwave for about 1m30s and sweeten to taste.

Better than giving in to a piece of chocolate or worse! Have a yoghurt sweetened and add a few drops of vanilla or some cinnamon, that's quite tasty too rather than the 'just sweet' taste. I also like to make sugar free jelly (Hartleys sachets) with half water and half yoghurt or fromage frais (make sure the water has already cooled down quite a lot or the yoghurt will split, which does not affect the taste but makes a funny layered effect when it settles ;-)...). Pour into four little ramekins/bowl and you're allowed to have three of those in any one day.

Stay strong - you can do it! If I can, anyone can!

Oh well...I gave in after all. Went on the scale and still lost 2lb so not worried about it at all...the craving is gone so I think there was something that my body was really missing and simply needed to get it. If not on a diet i would go into a binge mode but this time i did not. Not even a bit of cravings today...all good :) Wish I have done it earlier instead of struggling for so many days! lol

Back