Struggling with self control

x Alex x

Silver Member
As the title shows I am struggling with self control. this afternoon at work, I ate 600 cals. i knew I wasn't hungry, I knew it was just boredom but I did it anyway :confused:

So.............I went and rode the horse and then went to the gym.

then what did I do? I came home and had
2 slices brown toast with butter
2 ww caramel bars
1 skinny cow lolly
small side plate of pasta with some grated cheese
2 crackers with the left over grated cheese
yogurt

I mean that after the gym looks like a days worth of food - not food consumed between 8 and 9pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I think its perhaps I am due on (tomorrow or friday) and I always seem to be ravenous the weeks before and after TOM (only leaves 2 weeks of the month to be 'normal' though!!!)

I do eat a lot of fruit - I love fruit and I like veggies too, but away from this I eat too much crap and I can't keep eating it and thinking going to the gym makes it ok.

time to re-evaluate things I think............

i struggle too - but i am different to you - i usually do excellent all day or for a few days or a couple of weeks - then i give in to a massive urge and binge eat while watching films - eg - done really well all day yesterday ate 1000 cal 1/2 hr treadmill - that night i gave in to urge and ordered chinese curry half half and roast breast chicken, 2 litre coke, double pack jaffa cakes 2 packets monster munch :(

its so frustrating!!!!!especially when i know im eating purely out of boredom!

yeah but ive been trying to lose this for 3 years now!

wow i never noticed that - ive just joined this

im the same - its very hard - but i can lose like 4 or 5 lb a week, but i put it on very quick too :(

you mentioned its mainly out of boredom - its really focus you need and will power

yeah of which i evidentally have none of either!

As the title shows I am struggling with self control. this afternoon at work, I ate 600 cals. i knew I wasn't hungry, I knew it was just boredom but I did it anyway :confused:

So.............I went and rode the horse and then went to the gym.

then what did I do? I came home and had
2 slices brown toast with butter
2 ww caramel bars
1 skinny cow lolly
small side plate of pasta with some grated cheese
2 crackers with the left over grated cheese
yogurt

I mean that after the gym looks like a days worth of food - not food consumed between 8 and 9pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I think its perhaps I am due on (tomorrow or friday) and I always seem to be ravenous the weeks before and after TOM (only leaves 2 weeks of the month to be 'normal' though!!!)

I do eat a lot of fruit - I love fruit and I like veggies too, but away from this I eat too much crap and I can't keep eating it and thinking going to the gym makes it ok.

time to re-evaluate things I think............

Ohhh sorry to hear that, sucks when all your hard work feels like it's wasted!

Have you tried a technique by Paul McKenna I think it was. I saw his program on TV about 2 years ago, and I still rememeber this one thing he said (kinda phased out on other things he was saying :$)
Whenever you want to binge or head towards it, think of that particular food, and imagine it mixed with hair, that really works for me, it's absolutely disgusting, imagine eating a bar of chocolate and a simultaneous string of hairs coming out of it *vomit*

Good luck!

Hi Alex

I have the same problem as you. I eat for the sake of it.

I ate a whole block of cheese the other day. I eat even when I'm full. I had dinner last night and had been good all day and had a Greek dinner. Then stopped at the shop on the way home and got some ice cream and 2 chocolate bars because I wanted a nice taste. Not coz I was hungry because I was actually stuffed!

I don't know what's wrong with me. Why can't I get control. It's only on random days when i feel I've been a bit naughty so I go and make it really naughty.

My daily calorie is either a strict 1000-1200 or it's 3000-4000 plus!

There's no balance. I don't know what to do about it. It's depressing. Haha. Xxxx

Yeah me too seems to be an all or nothing approach!

14-17lbs ish

Hi, I understand about lack of control. For example today I pinched a bit of yummy crust from (someone else's!) a coconut tart. It was about 2 mm by 2 mm but this is enough for me to think "May as well go the whole hog". (Emphasis on hog:eek:). Hence my sudden visit to this forum. It's a relief to share it and now the urge has all but gone. I am focussing on a nice dinner of home made pisto with cous cous..... ;)

Hello

:sign0144:

I am new to this forum and this is actually my first post, but is why I am here.

Been trying to lose weight for years, yo-yo dieter describes me perfectly. Do well then suddenly lose the plot, and slowly it creeps back on and now I am at my heaviest ever.

I can't do much exercise because I have a back injury, and now I find I have more aches and pains that are I have no doubt, entirely due to my weight! :cry:

It is ONLY down to me to sort out and I hope that this forum will help me, there seems to be so much support here from what I have read! Sorry to have hijacked your thread btw !!

D x

today i went for food shop. i bought things that I knew i shouldn't be buying and alas they have been consumed, yes already as follows:

small bakery wholemeal batch loaf eaten as toast with jam the WHOLE but v small loaf to myself cost: 69p

box 4 caramac creams eaten ALL 4 to myself cost £1.50

Custard donuts (5) in the coop for 78p - all GONE !!!!! EEEEK!!!

so that has cost me £3 in money and probably another 3lb on the scales

note to self: do not buy things in bulk thinking i can make them last the week - they will not last the day. lesson of the day: do not buy in first place and retain more money in purse :)

today i went for food shop. i bought things that I knew i shouldn't be buying and alas they have been consumed, yes already as follows:

small bakery wholemeal batch loaf eaten as toast with jam the WHOLE but v small loaf to myself cost: 69p

box 4 caramac creams eaten ALL 4 to myself cost £1.50

Custard donuts (5) in the coop for 78p - all GONE !!!!! EEEEK!!!

so that has cost me £3 in money and probably another 3lb on the scales

note to self: do not buy things in bulk thinking i can make them last the week - they will not last the day. lesson of the day: do not buy in first place and retain more money in purse :)
Hi Alex

Your post made me laugh :) - it reminded me so much of myself. I can totally relate to the whole loaf of bread! I have stopped baking cakes and bread for that very reason. Don't worry too much. Sometimes I think we plan binges subconsciously. You probably knew deep down you were going to scoff the lot! Some days are like this; just see if you can make today NOT like this and then try again for tomorrow etc.

Do it day by day Alex and you will see the pounds peel away. Thanks for your totally honest post - I don't feel quite such a freak now..
Good luck and warm wishes

Pomooky XX

Hey pomooky125
i felt like a freak writing it and thought - does anyone else eat like this? and 'what will people think of me? - greedy t***'

am so glad you have replied and made me feel not so bad and that i aren't on my own

i sometimes read peoples 'binge' posts, when they've maybe come home and had 3 slices of toast unplanned and I think 'that is SO not a binge'

today i was out for a meal i had lamb and vegetables, but i did have pudding (eton mess) and ive had 3 fig rolls (60 cals each) but ive not had anything else! (yet lol)

Back