Struggling with the shakes!

Lydia1

Deary me...I am on day one and so far have had a strawberry milkshake for breakfast and a banana milkshake for lunch.

I have had a look at quite a few posts on here and it seems that on the whole people don't mind the shakes.

I don't know if I am just being fussy but I really dislike the after taste of them...can anyone recommend anything I can do to make them a bit tastier? And am I the only one who isnt that keen?!?!

Lydia x

over the weeks you taste buds change (or at least mind did) I love the vanilla shake hot with coffee and the chocolate shake mad with hot peppermint tea
Did you just buy the shakes?

Oooh I am definitely going to try a hot vanilla and coffee shake tomorrow and the chocolate and peppermint tea one sounds delicious too!

Luckily I got the mixed bumper pack so I do have a soup tonight.

It isn't like the shakes are terrible...I guess that in my dream world I thought they might taste like Nesquick :D haha
They just take getting used to I guess.

What do you think of the soups?

Lydia x

I started with the mixed pack as well, then just the shakes and bars for month 2.
I like everything apart from the tomato soup i do have it but add chilli powder and black pepper to take away the taste of the tomato

Last night I had half a pack of vegetable soup with cayenne and black pepper for dinner and for pudding I had half a pack of chocolate shake with hot water and it was just like a hot chocolate.
I was very surprised at how satisfyed I felt afterwards!

This morning I have had a couple of coffee and vanilla shakes which have been LOVELY!

I guess I will get to know what I like as you said.

Day 1 over yay! :D

Lydia xx

Well done on getting through day one :eek: It does get easier and you will find how full you feel on such a small amount of food, i have been quite surprised how i haven't missed normal food,
I have just received my box of porridge and had that for my lunch (yep strange choice i know) but really enjoyed it

Today hasn't been too bad either! Although when my other half is eating naughty things it is a bit tempting!

I think I will give that porridge a go!

I am about to try the tomato soup... Only just got home from work so am eating late :( I hope it is okay but have not heard great things about it! Will be adding lots of pepper!!!

Lydia xxxx

i found the shakes pretty horrible in comparison to lipotrim on day one but i've found i've got used to them pretty quickly.

The vanilla cold with a spoonful of coffee is soooooo yummy, my fave.
I dont like the after taste either so I have my shake then some water and then clean my teeth.

Oh and the shakes made up and put in the freezer (in a cup or in ice lolly moulds) for a few hours make a nice 'frozen yogurt' type thing. Only allowed to do this with 1 pack a day though. I love it, especially now it's getting quite hot.

I love the shakes now since I was bought a smoothie 2go and blitz them with ice. Before that I wasn't a fan, couldn't get rid of all the lumps and powdery taste.
So if you have a blender that can cope with ice, try it.

have you tried adding cinnamon to the shakes?

I like the shakes when made with a shaker (i have one from celebrity slim that I bought although think you can get them in other places) but I think it's because I've tried some awful ones in the past (like celebrity slim- yuck!). From posts I've been reading here you can add sweetener to them if you don't find them sweet enough.
I really liked the soups the first time I had them but then had one yesterday and I think the fact that I blitzed it made it all frothy on the top which made me feel ill and I only managed half of it! Am going to try again with soup tomorrow but sticking to shakes and a bar today!!!!
Am thinking about buying the porridge next time - is it nice??

Sarah x

Porridge is lovely if you make it up right. It's best with a sweetener I find and 200 ml cold water micro for 2.5 mins stirring every 30 secs and use a large plastic bowl to avoid spillover then enjoy :)

Day one, loved the porridge and strawberry shake! The carbonara yuck! Made me gag, had to clean my teeth then eat it so I couldn't taste it, anyone else have this problem? Going to try vanilla shake with coffee for breakfast :)

I don't mind the shakes- try one by biggest loser or celebrity slim and you will soon come running back to exante haha! I didn't mind the carbonara although I did cheat and put a tiny bit of tuna in - I know, I know! But it is v.low carb and someone I know used to do that and it didn't affect the diet.

I HATED the porridge and I mean hated...it was cloying, extremely sweet- like crazy sweet and kinda weird and savoury at the same time? If you know what I mean (probably not lol!)?! Some people love it so much be purely personal preference!

Something to consider, while you are getting into ketosis and adjusting to it, you may find you have a funny or metallic taste in your mouth either most the time or after eating - but this does wear off :)

Deary me...I am on day one and so far have had a strawberry milkshake for breakfast and a banana milkshake for lunch.

I have had a look at quite a few posts on here and it seems that on the whole people don't mind the shakes.

I don't know if I am just being fussy but I really dislike the after taste of them...can anyone recommend anything I can do to make them a bit tastier? And am I the only one who isnt that keen?!?!

Lydia x

Hi, it's my first day with my Exante diet and I had strawberry shake for my breakfast. I've noticed that it was ok to start with but tastes sickly as you continue to drink it. It also has a weird after tastes. I'm going to try hot chocolate tomorrow!

It will get easier guys. Hang in there. Once you've been in ketosis for a while the horrid metallic taste goes away. And your taste buds will change, I now love the taste, and the occasional real food I have doesn't even seem that nice now! Plus remember that delicious food smells are always a million times better than the actual taste so I just try to enjoy the aromas :) It will be worth it, just try and get through the first week, esp to weigh in - then you'll feel brilliant!

Back