Struggling

skyvicky123

Hi all, I have been doing weight watchers on and off for about 3 years. Lost 2 stone to reach my goal, but slowly a stone of it has crept back on.

Currently my eating is totally totally out of control. Crisps for breakfast, endless junk food all day. No lunch, or dinner, just loads of junk. It's making me ill and I can't seem to stop!

It's work that is doing it as I am so busy and my energy is totally drained by the end of the day. All I want is comfort food, a glass of wine and my bed!

I know I need to stop this cycle but finding it impossible to draw a line in the sand and move on with better habits.

My close are too small, I feel miserable and fat and unattractive and I know I have done this to myself.

I think maybe a meal plan will help, but need to make it easy and quick stuff. Has anybody any ideas on things I can cook / eat to kickstart my weight loss again?

I have found myself in that situation recently. Eggs have been good for me: Either on toast for lunch or an omelette/pizza style omelette for tea. Batch cooking is good when you find time as you can take it out freezer first thing and just have to warm it up in the evening. There are a few good recipe threads on here for ideas of things to batch cook or quick cook, x

Aww. :bighug: First off I know it’s easier said than done but really try not to stress about it, it just makes things seem much worse than they are. Planning ahead is definitely the key. If you know what you’re going to eat 2 days (or even one meal ahead) and have planned something you know you will like its easier to resist temptation to blow your points on junk.

Do you have the books or online materials? Go through them again and get your head around what WW advises. Look through the new Low carb, high carb, veggie, gluten free and Mediterranean tweaks to the plan and see if anything inspires you.

Think about what you like to eat that isn’t junk (say chicken or a baked potato with beans) and build a healthy recipe around that. E.g. grilled chicken with Mediterranean veggies with a balsamic sauce or baked potato with tuna or baked beans with low fat cheese and salad. Again sometimes easier said than done when you’ve fallen off the wagon, but look through some WW recipes or other healthy eating books and blogs for something you fancy to get enthusiastic about good food again. It’s so much easier when you feel like you want to eat something.

Can you start switching your junk food snacks with carrot/cucumber/celery with hummus or your favourite dip? Or the low fat, higher fibre crackers like ryvita thins/crackerbread etc. Think about replacing high fat crisps with individual small packets of popcorn or popchips/walkers baked etc. A lady in my group likes to portion out her bag of chocolates into 2-3 bags so she doesn’t have the temptation to dip into an open bag all the time and use 20 points at once.

Another thing is obviously fruit, which still gives up a sugar boost but is obviously much healthier than a biscuit. Try freezing a favourite fruit to make it interesting. I love frozen raspberries.

Personally I had to go cold turkey on most junk type snacks, and if you feel ill eating junk then give yourself a really big push to resist for a week and see how you feel.

Also, they aren’t actually the healthiest way to eat but it might help you get your head back in the game so to speak. If you’re pushed for time try a WW ready meal and bulk it out with frozen veg or ready prepared veg from the supermarket. They already have the points on the back. Supermarkets “healthy” ranges often have the WW PP on the back and they’re better than snacking on junk all day, and depending on what you’ve had during the day you can still have a small glass of wine. I know someone who says they buy those little bottles rather than regular sizes because you can’t “accidentally” have 3 glasses, although that is a fairly expensive way of portion control.

My last advice is think about having a larger breakfast. I used to only have something small or as low in PP as possible, but now I try and have a large one as it seems to help stop the urge to snack before lunch. I try to make it as Filling and Healthy as possible (two poached or scrambled eggs and a large slice of ham with tomatoes and mushrooms is a current favourite) and that makes me not worry about PP so much and fills me up really well.

Back