STS :( dont think this is the diet for me

5sttogo

I dont think this is the diet for me i have not lost any thing this week. I have only lost 11lbs in 3 weeks i know i have various health issues that makes losing weight harder, pcos and borderline hypothyroidism but this is ridiculous think i might go back to scottish slimmers

Are you sure you are following it absolutely to the letter? ON the number of calories it is pretty difficult not to lose weight. However, 11 pounds in three weeks is actually pretty good and not losing this week could be due to hormones or anything. At more than 3 pounds a week, this is more than any other diet will offer you (think of WW where a pound a week is considered ideal...) i would stick it out for another week and you might be surprised.

it is all too easy to blame the diet when things go wrong, but really, it is much harder to look inward when sometimes we are sabotaging ourselves. is the diet really to blame or has something been coming between you and success? not that 11 pounds is a failure...

It's also worth checking that you aren't having anything which could keep you out of ketosis - such as camomile tea, diet coke, lemon in your water etc. Why not post dteails of what you have eaten for the past few days and we can let you know if we think there might be a problem?

I most certainly am not sabotaging myself!!! I have a very important to me hospital appointment next week that was my goal if you knew me at all you would not dare write that! :mad:

5sttogo said:
I most certainly am not sabotaging myself!!! I have a very important to me hospital appointment next week that was my goal if you knew me at all you would not dare write that! :mad:

I don't think it was meant in a nasty way hun,the little things creep into the diet that we don't even think about as being off plan!
My advice would be to stick it another week,11lbs is amazing so far,and I know pcos can be really hard on weightloss,id guess you're probably just storing water this week,time of the month maybe?holding water because of lots of exercise? You'll probably have a huge loss next week.
Goodluck whatever you decide x

I am offering this as advice not as criticism, do u think the cheat meals you have had are putting you in and out of ketosis and therefore slowing your losses down?
Like I said just trying to help as its a shame to stick to such a rigid plan and then not get the losses you want/expect!

Hate to say this hun but just a little reminder of something you posted a few days ago... http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/300125-fell-off-wagon-feel-horrid-about.html

It's so easy to forget things that can make a massive difference. 11lb is a great loss, I appreciate how disappointed you are feeling about not losing this week, but maybe those chocs didn't help with that one. I'm not suggesting for one minute that you are blaming your pcos for being unable to lose weight, just want to share that I did that for a very long time and I am proof that you can lose weight with pcos and other conditions on this plan. I have a number of gynae conditions combined that cause me to gain at points in my cycle, cause me not to be able to shift it again at other points in my cycle - but the main point being, at certain points in my cycle I was just eating more and eating more mindlessly.

I totally get where you are at, believe me, I really do, I understand the importance of your hospital visit and I know what it does to your head. I also know that you can do this, I really do believe that you can. I know you want it bad enough but you have to do a little tough love on yourself and be 100% honest to you, not to us, but please be clear in your own head that you have stuck with it. You will get there, honestly. I've not been this light for over 20 years, and I've not quite done 9 weeks yet, it is possible, I promise you x

Sorry to hear you're struggling, but didn't you post a few days ago that you'd eaten some chocs? That would have knocked you out of ketosis straight away :(

After reading the previous posts about cheat days on Fridays,and the chocs id say its Defo that,the first couple of slip ups I had I seemed to lose more,yesterday I had a big slip up and I've gained,I think your body just stops you getting away with it,11lbs is still amazing though x

11lbs is a great loss. I was a STS in week 3 but haven't every week since

Keep going you might get a lovely surprise next week

the 8 chocs even including that which i did, scientifically with the calorie deficit i should have lost and i did not have a cheat meal this week not that it matters!!!

In fact the 2 weeks i did have a cheat meal i lost!! i decided to forgo it this week because i wanted to speed it up before the 7th my appointment

I understand what you're saying with the calories,but this diet isn't just about calories,its about being in ketosis and using your fat as energy,if you're knocking yourself out of ketosis you won't lose very well, Atkins is a ketogenic diet also and people eat 1500+ calories but still lose a lot of weight because there carb intake is very low,slim and save carb content is higher,but we have lower calories and still use ketosis to lose the weight,if your not in ketosis but eating very little calories your body is going to hang on to anything it can,because essentially you're in starvation mode without ketosis,I understand your disappointment,as I'm feeling it too right now after my slip up,but I've admitted my faults.and accept that if I stick at it next week my loss will be even bigger x

abcdebony said:
Maybe keeping plodding on for a few more days as there was someone who was on here that lost 7lbs overnight!!

Its crazy how the lbs drop off isn't it,my second week I went all week the same weight and on weigh in 3lb had dropped off overnight! Thankgod! Lol x

OK, you had the chocs 3 days ago, and it takes on average 3 days to get back into ketosis, during which time you will have had some refill of your glycogen stores (3 x the water weight to fill them) which will all be gone by next week if you stay in ketosis. It's quite likely you could have lost up to half a stone this week, but zero'd that with the glycogen refill. If that is the case, then it'll be off again very quickly.

You really can't come out of ketosis on this type of diet and expect to lose, it just doesn't happen. If you're looking for a low calorie count plan where you can have your chocolates and your day off, then maybe your first post was right, this isn't the plan for you.

Sam you have had a bad week , looking at your previous posts you had dominoes pizza and full sugar coke one day and the choccies another day , dont throw the towel in just cos you had a crap week ..we all have them just draw a line under it and start a fresh I bet you will have another 6lb week this coming week and be over the moon...and like the other ladies have said 11lbs in a couple of weeks is fabulous
We all mess up sometimes we are human just keep trying
Jo x

it was last week jo not this week and i lost 6lb last week? i really dont believe in ketosis. I have had a conversation with my doc was honest with everything i have ate over 3 week period she advised me to stop immediately i therefore will be listening to her. i will have done more damage to my metabolism than good and she has ordered bloods and recommended a diet of 1500 kcal's and swimming 3 times a week.

I think you're right, this isn't the diet for you :). It's such a hard one and your head needs to be in the right place to do it. I know with me my body doesn't always respond to how ive eaten that week, it may take a week or two for a gain to show after I've had a bingey day and for now I'm only weighing monthly as the number on the scales messed with my head too much.

I wish you luck with the doctors plan and if you ever come back to tfr, this forum will be here for you x

Back