Stuck and confused :(

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all,

I had previous sucsess with Exante (lost 3.7 stone before xmas). Came off for xmas break and never managed to get back on. Have faffed about with S&S (shakes are rank) SF (left me starving and with the runs!) & finally WW (fed up counting points, ended up going over)

My OH suggested i come back to Exante as it worked before and i know what im doing with it. Thing is i think i have a wee bit bit of a failure fear now if that makes sense. Not wanting this to be my 4th diet fail of the year so far.

Any and all advice appreciated :)

Lisa x

Hi Lisa. If you think that doing total meal replacement might be hard initially, why not go for the Working Solution option to start with? That way you're still able to eat some food and it wont feel like cheating. But dont be too hard on yourself if you do find yourself cheating. I had a lapse on my first week, actually my 2nd day, I ended up ordering a takeaway as I was having an emotional reaction to a situation and turned to my usual comfort food. But the next day I brushed myself off and started afresh and I'm now on week 8 with nearly 2 stone off. I've had 3 proper meals during that time too, 2 for Passover and one I went out for sushi with my family. I didnt consider those failures or whatever, I just made allowances for them and then went straight back onto the plan.

I've found that it's changing my mindset that's kept me going on this diet. Instead of agonising over every mouthful of food I've eaten (I've had boiled eggs and wafer thin chicken a few times too), I've realised that I needed that for whatever reason and just got on with the diet instead of thinking "well I've blown it now, might as well go the whole hog" which is what I'd always done in the past. It's made a huge difference to the way I do this diet, I'm not feeling deprived and I'm not at all tempted by the kinds of foods I would normally have reached for or that I've cooked for my daughter.

Just go into this with the right attitude and you'll do fine.

Back