Stuck sitting all day. Can I lose?

trying_healthy

Hi all.
Some of you may have seen my posts before.
On previous weight loss journeys, I have been able to shed 20-30 pounds, even coming within 3 pounds of my goal at one point, but I always put it back on.

When I lost this weight previously, I had an active job as a repair man so I was moving all day as well as exercise after work.

I had a weight loss plateau all through feb and couldnt shed a single pound, as I am now sitting at a desk all day long. I did exercise for 30 mins 3 times a week after work but I couldn't shed anything.

I have now joined a gym where I have a program, and am going to do 60 mins total of cardio/strength training 5 days a week.

My question is, will this be enough for me to shed weight when I spend most of the day sitting? is 60 mins a day in the gym going to help me see results?

Any advice welcomed! :)

It will defo be enough. ...I started 6 months ago with an original goal of 3st to lose.

I work in an office and was very inactive.

I joined a gym in November (2 months in) which I go to on average 3 times a week.

I have lost every single week even before exercise.

You just need to adjust your calorie goal to suit.

There is plenty of support on this site if you need it x

You can definitely lose weight doing little or no exercise (I've lost over 11 stone with none at all), you just need to get your calorie intake right, as Blubex said, as dietary control will always be the major part of weight loss. Good luck! :) xx

That's 5 hours a weeks devoted solely to your fitness. Make each minute count and concentrate on the quality on each exercise (not just quantity of exercises) and you could see some amazing changes. Keep it up for six weeks and you will hardly recognose yourself in the mirror! Just watch the post gym treats - don't let them ruin your good work.

Same, I work from home and don't have time for the gym. Just purchased a cross trainer though EEEEK

I've also lost all of my weight (53 lbs since March 2014) with almost no exercise. I also work from home. I have to be very strict with my calorie intake but it's definitely doable. I like walks and power kites but due to weather and time I only get to go once a week if I'm lucky

I have started trying to walk everywhere instead of driving. ..town is just over a mile from my house and a 20 minute walk. ... by the time I've driven in and parked there's not much difference. ...if I need a couple of bits from the supermarket I'll walk as again they're within 20 minutes. ...if I do drive I'll park in the space furthest from the shop ....These are all little things but each one adds up.... next time you go shopping try parking as far away as possible and walk down every single aisle even if you don't need too. ...it won't add on much time but will make a difference

I am both sedentary and old but I am yet again trying to lose weight. I have yo-yo dieted for most of my adult life. I'm sure my arthritis would improve if I could get to goal once more.

My admiration to you all!

Back