Study whilst stay at home mum?

Jess<3

Journey to 10 stone loss
Okay so im 22 years young :) Ive got a 9(almost) month old son.
Im wanting to study or something ready for getting a job, im fedup of not doing anything in that area...
One problem though is i cant go to college atm (due to disability) an i dont want to leave my son anyway or put in childcare as bus fare would cost WAY to much!

What do you stay at home mums do?!
:confused:
I love been with my son but ive never had a job due to an accident i was in some years ago an still awaiting surgery on my legs :( i was in college an completed nvq2 in business administration. but unable to go to college etc now... sigh...

Would college not be able to accomodate you? They are generally happy to help. Does the college have a creche? Are you able to claim benefits which will help whilst you study?

I went to uni when my daugher was a few months old & my son had just turned 2. My cousin had DD a few hours a day whilst I studied & DS when in the creche.

try the open university, they have lots of courses and you can fit it around family commitments xx

yes i think they would be able to accommodate me but then its about £8 a day on bus fair, an then depending where my son goes & the cost of that. if its not near by id have to travel there too (more money and time) i feel like theres always something stopping all my possibilities. & i dont think i could get help with childcare? i dont get any benefits x

I was about to suggest Open Uni too! My OH has just started (another!!) degree in Mechanical Engineering with them and it looks great so far. They have all sort of levels of study, and they even do some free modules online. I would definitely look in to it, as you can study at home when you have spare time :) I think it's great that you want to go back to study. You should definitely go for it if it suits you!

thanks im going to have a look at some college/uni courses an see if something suits me & around our life atm. x

yes i think they would be able to accommodate me but then its about £8 a day on bus fair, an then depending where my son goes & the cost of that. if its not near by id have to travel there too (more money and time) i feel like theres always something stopping all my possibilities. & i dont think i could get help with childcare? i dont get any benefits x

Ahhhhhhhh that's such a shame.

Back