Stupid Question but.. does everyone stick to TS 100% of the time or are there slips?

susysu

This is going to sound really silly but here goes

When i have tried to do TS previously I have a cheat and in my head that's it, i havent stuck to it 100% of the time so i give up.

I started again on Monday and last night felt so rough I did have something i shouldnt have had.
Today im back on it but cant get out of my head that all those of you that have done so well do it 100% of the time so i've failed before ive even begun. I think this way of thinking has been my undoing all of my life with various diets

so my question is to all of you that have lost well on exante are you angels all of the time or can you still be successful even with the occassional hiccup? When i'm being good i think i'm going to go all the way and get to where i want to be, and the minute i;m bad i beat myself up cos i cant stick to it

what a load of waffle but i hope you get the gist of what im getting at!

Dont beat yourself up about it, it happens to most of us. Being 100% all of the time is very hard. I started on a Thursday and the Friday night I got fed up and ordered takeaway. But Saturday I started again. I've also had the odd nibble here and there of wafer thin chicken or boiled eggs, but havent done that for a couple of weeks and it's showed positively on the scales. I also went out for a meal a couple of weeks ago and ate but again, next day I was back on plan and I've lost just over 24lbs in 7 weeks (well it'll be 7 weeks tomorrow) so far.

Thank you so much for your reply. That really helps me so much

I stay 100%, I was 100% when I did LL for 8 months, but that's just me, I am an all or nothing type, and so its easier for me to be 100%. This time I am gonna try not to be 100% and come off plan every 4 weeks or so. which will be really hard for me. I need to do this so I can think about the longer terms and how I can stay at a target weight. I think everyone is different so whatever you do, understand why you are doing it, and think about what you put into your mouth. That way you may stand a good chance at success

good luck to you

I found it to difficult on TS so I switched to WS. Its an expected 14lbs per month loss (on total soln) versus 10lbs per month loss(on working soln) according to exante. I still cheat on WS though. I struggle without gum and skimmed milk in my tea(both def not allowed). I have still lost weight. So don't be disheartened, some ppl suggest doing some WS days mixed with TS. if you are finding it difficult. I applaud anyone that is 100% daily.

I found it to difficult on TS so I switched to WS. Its an expected 14lbs per month loss (on total soln) versus 10lbs per month loss(on working soln) according to exante. I still cheat on WS though. I struggle without gum and skimmed milk in my tea(both def not allowed). I have still lost weight. So don't be disheartened, some ppl suggest doing some WS days mixed with TS. if you are finding it difficult. I applaud anyone that is 100% daily.

that's something i will look into more. i hadnt considered that before as in my head it had to be all or nothing, but as you say better to keep going and lose a bit less than blow it and give up.

can i ask when you started and what sort of losses you've had each week

thank you

Hello Susy,

i have lost 2st 6lbs since I started on 28th of Jan. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 12/14. Still about 10lbs from goal. Losses def slow down the closer you are to your goal apparently so I'm just plodding along and won't give up till I get to it whenever it may be. I am a very ad hoc weigher. i don't feel the need to weigh weekly. Especially as i now fit into my old wardrobe. I also unfortunately did not document my losses as i weighed. all i remember is my start weight cos thats a number i am not allowed to get to ever again. every pound off is a bonus, I haven't done any TS days since the very first week. Hope that's helpful and take care.

tundxx

Hi, yes that is helpful thank you and well done on your losses
Since your earlier post I've realised that ws mixed with ts when I'm able to is the best way to go for me.

The destruction I do to myself when I "fail" to stick to 100% ts is so damaging I feel there's nothing left to do but go back to bad eating.

However if I allow myself to ws if I feel I need to, I hope I could carry this on long term.

Do you tend to eat low carb snacks as your extra calories or do you try and have a proper meal

There isn't a WS category in the exante forum is there?

Thank you again, you might just have provided me with a solution that will work for me xx

Hi

It can be quite difficult on this diet so you need to do what works for you to ensure you carry on. It generally gets easier though as you go along.

So I have 'my fitness pal' on my phone and I put everything I have into that. It gives me an idea of where I am at. I tend to do low carb high protein in the evenings as my meal. If I am under 400 cals I add a boiled egg or some cold meat as a snack. I generally plan ahead with meals so its easier overall. Hope that helps and good luck. Persevering is important and come here for reassurance and support and you will be ok.

Take care

Agree WS is probably good to go with. I know that when I tried to be 100% on LL, it was just too hard for me. I always cheated, be it with a little protein that never affected my losses, until I started snacking on carb laden food. This time on exante, it's WS all the way; it's six days and the scales already say I'm 6.5 lbs down....

It is a hard diet, most of us will have a slip up here and there but the most important thing is to get straight back on it, don't think ah well Ive eaten this so I might aswell eat whatever I want for the rest of the day, or the rest of the week or whatever but the best thing is just to get straight back to it, that goes for WS as well as TS.

Personally I prefer 100% because when I have food allowed that's when I'm bad... Kinda a similar mind set, I'll allow myself a treat and think oh well I've already been bad today might as well be bad the rest of the day and start again tomorrow, which usually never comes! So I think I would find WS harder but everyone's different and WS definatley appears to still be working for everyone =)

That's what I'm like Chelly, or I cheat and the scales go down so I think I can cheat all the time and still lose weight... then I don't lose weight so I get fed up and give up

I have previously done ll and stuck 200% lost all my weight and left with a Big Bang of fatty foods and that was it on the road to destruction and full regain this time on exante if I feel I need it I will add a protein based food if needed for example day three was feeling very sick and couldn't stop thinking about tuna so I ate a tin. Helped me feel better instantly and doing it in a planned way meant I did not binge and was 100% day 4

Back