Substitute for fromage frais for SW Lasagne???

ailibop

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of help here. Really want to cook the SW lasagne. Have all ingredients chopped and ready to go.

Was planning on substituting the fromage frais with Non fat Greek natural yoghurt but just read that the yoghurt will probably just melt and become really runny.....any suggestions pretty please???

It's mayb 2 late now but I make the white sauce 4 my SW lasagne by mixin up a tub of quark wif a beaten egg, dash of salt n pepper n 1tsp mustard powder. I don't like the fromage frais or yoghurt versions!

Thanks Allimac!

I ended up using the fat free natural yoghurt mixed with beaten egg. It worked a treat.
Only problem is cos its yoghurt it really needs to be served immediately. Had some the next day for lunch. Was nice but sooooo much better eaten straight out of the oven :)

Thanks Allimac!

I ended up using the fat free natural yoghurt mixed with beaten egg. It worked a treat.
Only problem is cos its yoghurt it really needs to be served immediately. Had some the next day for lunch. Was nice but sooooo much better eaten straight out of the oven :)

Yer very welcome! That's 1 of the reasons I'm not so keen on the yoghurt sauce, the quark re-heats better! :)

So I've been searching for quark here but absolutely no joy!! Will have to make do with the yoghurt version!

Thanks for the tips though :)

Back