Subway salads

lorraineA

Silver Member
Have been having subway chicken salads recently as my protein meal. Just have lettuce cucumber red onion and green pepper and salt and pepper. I thought that would be ok and seems to have been so far.
Just wondered if anyone else had them and / or had any views?

lorraineA said:
Have been having subway chicken salads recently as my protein meal. Just have lettuce cucumber red onion and green pepper and salt and pepper. I thought that would be ok and seems to have been so far.
Just wondered if anyone else had them and / or had any views?

All sounds fine-only thing to watch is green pepper as I believe pepper are quite carby , altho I think green are the lowest :)

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Green peppers are fine, they are on the allowed list issued by S&S, think the only onion I saw was spring onion though so not sure about red ones. :)

GeMzY said:
Green peppers are fine, they are on the allowed list issued by S&S, think the only onion I saw was spring onion though so not sure about red ones. :)

I know they are allowed, was just advising that peppers are quite high in carbs!!!!!

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Yes Lorraine you should be fine with the Subway salads - make sure not too much onion though. Enjoy!

Sounds good will remember this for when I am in town and at a loss for needing a food fix!

It makes me feel normal too!

Feeling normal is actually really important! The chicken salad at Nandos was always fine for me on the diet too.

Good to know, I never thought about subway salads.

Never been to Nandos - what do you get in the chicken salad?

lorraineA said:
Never been to Nandos - what do you get in the chicken salad?

The salad is a few different sorts of leaves, tomatoes and things along with chicken. The chicken can have no sauce, mild sauce, medium sauce or hot sauce. The nutritional values of the sauce is fine for the diet.

Sounds good - thanks x

pret au manger do lovely salads, theres a salmon one which is amazing, the only thing is it has a couple of boiled potatoes in but you can just pick them out as im sure the rest of it was fine.

O will check them out too. :)

I know mcdonalds do a grilled chicken salad whick i could prob take out the carrot and tomatoes. Its a bit bland but its an option.

Still getting to grips with what veg we can have and what 200gs of veg looks like etc. Lol.

yeah I probably go over the 200g but if you imagine a big bag of salad in a shop, they usually weigh about 80g and you wouldnt eat it all, salad leaves weigh nothing!
generally if its green its ok, the only green thing I can think of thats not ok is peas.

Hehe. I was such a diet geek this week. Weighing the lettuce and chicken in a kfc bbq salad ... 50g and 75g in case anyone was wondering. Lol. Had my kitchen scales and bowl in the car. :)

Back