Subway syns/syn free options

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by LoChan1984, 28 July 2011 Social URL.

1. LoChan1984

LoChan1984 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st3lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(5.77%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hiya,

Could someone advise which options would be free/very low syns to have as a salad bowl?

Is the cheese/grated cheese useable as a hexa?

And does anyone know the syns in a white choc & macadamia cookie? It's probably quite high but I fancy one as a treat lol.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    if you look on the subway website it may give the calories for the cookies, in which case it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories as they have no free food allowance.

you have to be careful when it comes to ready made sandwiches etc, as slimming world state that they do not qualify for any free food allowance but I am not sure if that counts for subway too, as there you can actually pick what goes in your sandwich rather than a prepacked one which will have some areas of doubt as to what exactly is in it.

I don't believe they do wholemeal bread though, (honey wheat will be the closest, but it wont qualify as a HEb).

hopefully someone will be able to say for definate what the syn situation is when it comes to subway.

sorry I couldnt give an accurate answer.

4. **Ella**

**Ella** Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Syns online says: 6inch wheat is 6 syns, salad free, ham free, turkey free, chicken breast free, beef free.

Cookies are 11 or 11.5 for all except oatmeal raisin (9.5) provided they are 45g each (48g for rainbow cookie)

on EE days.

5. LoChan1984

LoChan1984 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st3lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(5.77%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks for your replies!

I was going to do without the bread and just get the filling with a big salad bowl. With free diet coke refills it's pretty filling lol

I'm glad the cookie is under 15 anyway, would seem a bit OTT to have to take a flexible syns day for one little cookie! They're so nice though, mm :D

6. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've just looked and the web says that the 6 inch wheat is 9 syns? Wonder if you could subtract 6 for a HEXB for the wheat roll? All the other rolls are between 9 and 11 syns.

But of course, getting the salad bowl option with no dressing is the best way to get a totally free meal - ham, beef, turkey or chicken salad are the way to go.

Sauces I could find by the way: Honey and mustard: 1 1/2 per serving, Ranch: 2 per serving, Sweet onion: 2 per serving, Chipotle Southwest: 4 1/2 per serving, mayonnaise, Light per serving: 3

7. LoChan1984

LoChan1984 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st3lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(5.77%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thanks Mandy - that's not too bad value synwise for the sauces really, I love the sweet onion one :)

8. **Ella**

**Ella** Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Mandy you're right sorry, I was looking at the mini wheat one. 9 syns for the 6 inch.

9. Ryantcb

Ryantcb Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12.2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(10.27%)
    Diet:
    MFP
    I eat subway salad bowls pretty much daily!!
    The salad (and this is only salad I like):
    Lettuce
    Red onions
    Green peppers
    Jalepnos (I read that spicy helps speed the metabolism)
    Sweet corn

With warms roast chicken and sweet onion sauce.

In all that salad and chicken are free and it's just 2.5 syns for the sauce.

The drink is bottle of water as with spicy I read that cold cold cold water can speed metabolism too

I never take the cheese because I'm trying to change my eating habits and lifestyle what's the point of dieting if I was just gonna try and squeeze what made me fat in the first place into my day. I need to eliminate stuff not make excuses of where I can squeeze it in.

Sent from my iPad2 using MiniMins

10. misskiki

misskiki Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So I love the white choc & macadamia nut cookie soooo much! I'm glad it's only 11 syns but I dunno If I'll be eating it for a long time lol

11. Brightnatty

Brightnatty Talks alotttt! :)

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.57%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Love this!!:D

12. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You won't be able to subtract 6 syns for the bread as it won't be WHOLE wheat. There is a huge difference.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.