2/3 plate to be filled with SUPERFREE
Just 3 meals a day
Only snack freely on SUPERFREE
Have between 5-15 syns a day
2 healthy a choices
2 healthy b choices
Anything that has a higher and lower syn value you count the higher value

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I joined this forum for clarity but after 2 days I'm more confused than ever. I find many of the things I believed to be free now aren't and that eat what you want so long as it's free is a bit of a lie. At least these dicoveries may explain why my weight loss has been slow. I'm glad this is working for you and will investigate some of your recipes because they look nice! but looking at food makes me hungry!

image-214062341.jpg

Pasta bolognaise with mixed rocket leaves, cucumber, tomato and celery

image-2661433811.jpg

This was breakfast today

Im finding it ok to follow. You just have to get over the thing of eating free foods in abundance. First day your hungry so stock up on fresh fruit but after that your stomach shrinks

The thing with Sw is people are told food is free eat as much as you like but in truth if you ate bags and bags of pasta every day your not going to lose weight. Losing weight works on eating less calories than you consume no matter how it's packaged. If you stuck to eating 3 meals a day and snack on superfree as your first choice you WILL lose weight. Syns are there to stop you going off track and making it seem to difficult. The snacking on free good but having to syn it applies when you'd not eating it as intended. For example lasagna sheet crisps. If you made a lasagna you would only eat a quarter of it and probably only use half a packet of lasagna sheets, yet if you make the lasagna sheet crisps you would easily to eat a full box of lasagna and thus would be BETWEEN meals not as part of a meal- just think of the extra calories you'd be consuming just on a snack!!! Sw isn't a miracle diet, because a food is free doesn't make it suddenly not have a calorie content and I think this is what needs to be taught when new members are joining. Sw has free and SUPERFREE as its easy to understand and if you stick to using your free food at meals, SUPERFREE between meals and then have your weighed and measured syns and healthy extras on top you will lose weight and it is less confusing. For some reason people have taken free foods and used them in a way that they weren't intended to be used e.g cous cous cake and lasagna crisps and smash pastry and as a result this grey area of confusion has crept in. Eat a food as it was intended to be used, don't use it as a substitute for say flour or crisps and you'll be fine. The people who eat a whole cake cod it's made of cous cous therefore must be free are just kidding themselves. A bit of common sense needs to be applied xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you so much for your advice and support! I don't make any of those 'cheaty' things. i find 4.5 syns of walkers french fires sates any crisp craving and 5.5 syns of kit kat does for chocolate! Good luck for your weigh in!

me either, i just think the people who do are just kidding themselves. i think if you want a cake just have a cake and syn it, dont make something thats meant to be a cake, made out of free food then spit your dummy out when you dont lose weight lol. thanks im not expecting a loss as i had friday night and saturday totally off plan but so long as its not a massive gain its ok. i was doing success express to combat a difficult 3 weeks socially, i wanted to limit the damage but i think i will still do it once these 3 weeks are over i love it so much.

Hi conlu, i have also been following SE for a week alomst, and i lost 2.5lb today which i was so pleased with as my loss is normally slow- and 1.5 off for you is ace considering you had a day and a bit off plan, well done!

I agree that this plan suits me better and think i will stick with it- i like the 2 hex a and b's. I have to say, i have been synning my meat and pasta etc as it says about using the highest syn value. Last time i did SE i did lose but not as much and i think this is why... i can see you said chicken was free, but it is actually 4 syns per 100g (which is tiny by the way!!!!)

Hope that will help you,

Sarah xxx

Back