Success express success anyone?

sarahaa

Hi all just looking for a bit of advice or reassurance. I have been doing success express for 11 days now, and stuck to it almost religiously, I went to weigh in on Tuesday after 7 days and I had lot 1.5lb and I guess I will have lost something similar this week. Thing is, I'm working flippin hard at this right now, and feel I'm not really getting the results?

Ive had some really slow weeks, and had a big gain of 4lb on one week last month :(

I guess what I want to know is should I be hoping for more in success express? I was thinking maybe 3lb per week???

I would expect to be loosing more than 2lbs a week doing SE because of the amount of superfree being eaten! Are you drinking lots of water?

I'm drinking 2 litres a day. Today I've had porridge with skimmed milk (hex a n b) with banana strawberries n grapes, at work break I had orange and apple, for lunch I had small amount of chicken curry (homemade- peppers tomatoes n onions) with big salad, orange for pud, mud afternoon I had grapes and at tea time I've had last of chicken curry (tiny amount) with stir fry veg and mange tout (strange combination I know!!) I've had a hot chocolate (5syns) curt sauce (2 syns) and a special k bar (4 syns).... Any ideas why I'm not loosing? I'm trying really hard!

sarahaa said:
I'm drinking 2 litres a day. Today I've had porridge with skimmed milk (hex a n b) with banana strawberries n grapes, at work break I had orange and apple, for lunch I had small amount of chicken curry (homemade- peppers tomatoes n onions) with big salad, orange for pud, mud afternoon I had grapes and at tea time I've had last of chicken curry (tiny amount) with stir fry veg and mange tout (strange combination I know!!) I've had a hot chocolate (5syns) curt sauce (2 syns) and a special k bar (4 syns).... Any ideas why I'm not loosing? I'm trying really hard!

That's a really good food diary BUT maybe try and eat more fish & chicken, pop into Tesco or sainsburys and get the marinated chicken pieces, they come in sweet chilli, tikka, BBQ, chargrilled, Chinese spices, can't remember the syns off hand but at the most some are 1 syn for the whole packet, they would be high in protein and chicken is a speed food, you could snack on this with your fruit at snack times etc you mightn't (I'm no expert) but maybe you aren't eying enough, there's lots of fruit and veg but maybe not enough of the other foods, like I said I'm no expert hopefully a few others will have a look and see what they think! :)

That's great for the advice about the chicken and its something I hadn't thought about

I was feeling demotivated before and if I don't have a good loss this week I'm worried how I'm going to feel motivation wise then xx

How much do you have to lose? Sorry to ask but I cant see stats on my phone! Also what are your losses usually like? If you usually lose about half a pound, then losing 1.5 is triple the weight loss. From what youve written about what youve eaten it seems to be ok. Do you have all the hex? Maybe look at more speed and super speed foods?

sarahaa said:
Hi all just looking for a bit of advice or reassurance. I have been doing success express for 11 days now, and stuck to it almost religiously, I went to weigh in on Tuesday after 7 days and I had lot 1.5lb and I guess I will have lost something similar this week. Thing is, I'm working flippin hard at this right now, and feel I'm not really getting the results?

Ive had some really slow weeks, and had a big gain of 4lb on one week last month :(

I guess what I want to know is should I be hoping for more in success express? I was thinking maybe 3lb per week???

You've only had 1 HE A & B, you should be having 2 of each! I've only just noticed that!

Do u have to have 2? Some days I do it just depends

I weigh 11 stone exactly and I was aiming for 9 1/2 stone, bmi now is 26 and I want it to be 22. I have never in my life weighed less than I do now, but have weighed lots more in recent years, I have lost 1 stone 11lb over past 15 months through a variety of ways, and only 8.5 through Sw. I seem to have 2 good weeks and will lose say 1 or 2, then a bad week and will regain a few....

sarahaa said:
Do u have to have 2? Some days I do it just depends

I weigh 11 stone exactly and I was aiming for 9 1/2 stone, bmi now is 26 and I want it to be 22. I have never in my life weighed less than I do now, but have weighed lots more in recent years, I have lost 1 stone 11lb over past 15 months through a variety of ways, and only 8.5 through Sw. I seem to have 2 good weeks and will lose say 1 or 2, then a bad week and will regain a few....

Yeah you MUST have 2 B's and can have 1 or 2 A's

Ok, I shall start encorporating scan bran on daily basis again, was doing well with them then lost it somewhere along the way lol, I shall see if that makes a difference, thanks xxx

whenever I have fancied a speed loss in the past, i stuck to orginal days. chick and veg, tuna and salads, omlettes. I know EE with Super Speeds and free foods are still a very encouraging diet with great effects and I believe in it but when I need a boost, I just have an original week.

With that little to lose I dont think you can be expecting to lose loads, 1.5lbs a week is very good for someone with only a stone and a half to lose. I'm almost 20 stone and lose about 2lb a week, Ive lost 8.5 stone so far in a year. If you continued at the rate youre going it'd only be 3 or 4 months to be at your goal weight. That is nothing. Nothing!

Dont try and force things, and make sure you're eating enough. If you force it off overnight it'll also all come back on overnight and you'll make yourself ill in the process :(

Thanks for your post, I understand what you mean but can't help but hope for a better loss, it's weigh in day tomorrow so will see how I do and let u know x

ermintrude said:
With that little to lose I dont think you can be expecting to lose loads, 1.5lbs a week is very good for someone with only a stone and a half to lose. I'm almost 20 stone and lose about 2lb a week, Ive lost 8.5 stone so far in a year. If you continued at the rate youre going it'd only be 3 or 4 months to be at your goal weight. That is nothing. Nothing!

Dont try and force things, and make sure you're eating enough. If you force it off overnight it'll also all come back on overnight and you'll make yourself ill in the process :(

I have 13lbs to go and am more than happy for it to take 13 weeks to come off, safe in the knowledge that slow and steady will stay off much longer, and should make it a touch easier to maintain if/when I do reach target...
... However I know that's not what you were asking about and if I was wanting to lose about 3lbs a week I would be tempted to reduce syns and increase free foods together with what your already doing with speed and sf foods x

Just what I would try first; I'm no expert x good luck xx

Well I lost 1lb, better than a gain but I wanted to lose more... I Definately am not losing as quick as I expected although I guess slow and steady wins the race. Hubby joined Sw today so we are now doing it together and I'm hoping this will help- we lost 2 stone each last year by slim fast and supporting each other. I asked my consultant if wanting to lose 2-3 per week was unrealistic and she said no, so back to trying hard xxxx

I've never tried success express, but on regular plan i'm lucky to lose more than 1lb a week, and I have a feeling I would be the same even on success express. I'm just naturally a slow loser, it's just something that can't be helped. And you don't have much to lose so it will be slower anyway, i have 3x as much as you and have trouble getting it to shift. You'll get there in the end :) Though if you are really desperate try red days instead, i've seen a lot of people lose well when they do more red days. I'm seeing if that works for me this week, i'm not doing ALL red days but i think 4 out of the 7 have been red when I usually do 1 or 2.

Firstly, a great thread here! I have been toying with trying SE just to give myself a boost really but to be honest everyone at my class seems a bit vague about it...........

There is a lady on here that posted a SE food diary with pictures that I found really helpful.

x

Hey Hun I'm doing success express too. I'm a slow loser in fact I've lost and regained the same few pound for months. I am the queen of sts's lol. I have a stone and a half to go and I know from experience the less you have to lose the harder it is. And we aren't all the same. Some people lose loads on success express and others don't. It's not that your doing it wrong it's just life. You must follow all the rules of success express
2/3 SUPERFREE
1/3 free
When synning food take the HIGHER syn value where there's a difference
2 a's and definitely 2 b's
Only snack FREELY on SUPERFREE
And just have 3 meals a day

Do you exercise?? Maybe go for a little walk after tea each night just for 20 minutes. I find exercise really is key for me, if I do nothing if doesn't matter how good I've been I don't lose a thing. Keep it up Hun you'll get there in the end

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's a really good food diary BUT maybe try and eat more fish & chicken, pop into Tesco or sainsburys and get the marinated chicken pieces, they come in sweet chilli, tikka, BBQ, chargrilled, Chinese spices, can't remember the syns off hand but at the most some are 1 syn for the whole packet, they would be high in protein and chicken is a speed food, you could snack on this with your fruit at snack times etc you mightn't (I'm no expert) but maybe you aren't eying enough, there's lots of fruit and veg but maybe not enough of the other foods, like I said I'm no expert hopefully a few others will have a look and see what they think! :)

The whole point of SE is 2 3rds Superfree and 1 3rd Free so you reduce your meat, fish etc and up the superfree so to up the chicken and fish would go against what she is already doing she would be doing EE instead.

Hi all, I've let the SE lapse a little, and as u can I see I gained 2lb last week which I fought v hard to lose, so as of tomorrow I will restart the SE and see how much it boosts my loss, I think I was going wrong by not using higher syn amounts.

I shall keep you updated x

Back