Success without meetings???

Jennjennx

Silver Member
Hi all and happy new year, I was just wondering if anyone has actually managed to stay on plan completely alone, without meetings. Tbh where I go for my nearest meeting I don't feel I get the support I really need, it's just not as great as I expected, do you think it'd best to keep going to the meetings or do you think it's possible to carry on at home using my own scales. The only thing I'm worried is that I won't be motivated enough knowing that I don't have to weigh myself in front of people. Any advice would be much appreciated. Jenn xox

Hiya - I have decided not to go to meetings - I havent been for over a year anyhow - as I always maintained reasonable weight. I am now a stone heavier than I usually am, so the books are back out! I have joined a gym, so dont want to pay out for meetings on top of that and also we're saving for our wedding this year!

I am hoping that signing up to this site and finally posting - will give me enough inspiration to keep at it!

Happy dieting x

I am doing it at home this year too, as the only reason i went last year (again) was because the meet was so close to my house, but I didn't do any better or worse than doing it at home! So am saving the € and re-joined gym instead and using this forum! We can help each other! :)

Thanks guys I'm going to carry on just by using this great sight at least it saves me a few quid that I could use for gym or Zumba classes. :)

It's certainly do-able without meetings. Back when it was Discover, I lost 7-stone doing it by myself...and when things changed to ProPoints I lost about a stone and a half before I decided to go to meetings (largely because at the time I wanted to meet new people, rather than for the support aspect).
Personally I found meetings to be too much pressure to do well at the scales, and found that doing things myself at my own pace worked better for me and lead to me loosing more as I wasn't as stressed. But that's just me...not all are the same, I know.

I cannot go to meetings...there are none in Cyprus. I ordered the complete 2012 ww plan from ebay, and the girl worked out my points for me. DH is going to weigh me in on a set day each week, so I can't get out of it. While I am waiting for the books to arrive, I have been good, and lost 8lb in as many days. None of my friends here know I am dieting, so have not told anyone of my loss. I found this forum because I am wanting to feel part of 'something', while I lose. At the moment I feel a bit of a Billy no mates, but I am sure I will get to grips with the forum. Good luck. :)

If You want you can come join our team :)
If you go to WW and Teams in the forums and look for Team 2012 =]

Good luck and congrats!

Hi Nissi, we come to cyprus twice a year usually for 2 /3 months at a time, not sure if you know but there are a lot of sw groups in cyprus as i usually go when we come over so i can keep an eye on my weight, where are you in cyprus we come to peyia but if you let me know the area i will let you know where the groups are if you interested, how long have you lived there lol x

Jennjennx said:
Hi all and happy new year, I was just wondering if anyone has actually managed to stay on plan completely alone, without meetings. Tbh where I go for my nearest meeting I don't feel I get the support I really need, it's just not as great as I expected, do you think it'd best to keep going to the meetings or do you think it's possible to carry on at home using my own scales. The only thing I'm worried is that I won't be motivated enough knowing that I don't have to weigh myself in front of people. Any advice would be much appreciated. Jenn xox

Hi
I do SW on line and use this site for support, I learn so much just surfing about on here
Good luck
Bron

Back