sue's diary

I've been reading everyones diarys for a while and find them really inspirational so thought I should crack on with my own hoping that it will help me keep the motivation going. I have done atkins 3 times before and have always lost weight but seem to give up and go mad after a few months and undo my good work.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last November and have lost over a stone since then (I was 16st 1) but I really need to get my weight down and blood sugars down as my meds not doing it and my doc wants to add another med on top of metformin eeeek. I have asked for a delay to see if I can make a difference with my diet and losing weight. I don't eat crappy foods anyway but carbs have an enormous effect on my blood sugar so Atkins should be ideal.

Also can't wait to be out of a size 16 and back into my slim clothes, so fed up now of feeling down about how I look and so over searching for clothes that I can hide my lumps n bumps behind.

So I started on monday, my start weight was 14.12 and my goal is to lose nearly 3 stone and get to 12st. I am tallish and remember feeling good at this weight.

Hiya Sue and welcome (from a Susie) :wavey:

You'll love the forum here, everyone is really friendly and has lots of great advice - so I know you'll crack this and be down to your desired weight in no time :)

Last edited:
Breakfast - Green Smoothie (celery, cucumber, spinach, avocado, ice, splash of lime juice)

Lunch - Makeral salad (tinned in oil)

Tea - Bratwurst sausage with greens n stuffed mushroom (stuffed with parmesan n mayo)

Snacks - Cheese and salami slices.

Lots of water.

Think that as today is my third day must be going into ketosis not feeling very hungry at all. Last night I had parmesan chicken using recipe from here and was so stuffed after my evening meal I couldn't move, it was so yum I'm stuffing a mushroom with it for dinner tonight.

I'm quite happy with today's efforts so far, think doing this diary is gonna be a godsend.

Hope everyone else has a good day, writing this after my lunch so will let you know if I deviate from my planned tea. :)

Morning sue, love the idea of your breakfast, I've been struggling on what to have since dropping my bacon amounts. Smoothie sounds great!

Morning all, I love green smoothies although I had to adapt slightly to fit in with induction, I find its easy to swap a brekkie or lunch for a smoothie. I used to juice but you need the fibre from whole veg or would be way to high in sugar/carbs. Plus the blenders a lot easier to clean :).

Anyway need to get moving, I've been so lazy lately, no motivation, think I've been a bit low to be honest so hoping that this woe is going to give me a boost.

I'll add my food later, hope it's a good day for everyone. Xxxx

Morning Goldie, you gotta love those green smoothies. :) I always feel so healthy afterwards too.

Just noticed your amazing loss, well done you, I'll have a look at your diary later for some inspiration.

Have a great day. X

Had some lovely bacon n mushrooms for beeline, I'm planning to have green smoothie for lunch. Not to sure about tea but have planned to go swimming later and can't wait. Yay some exercise for me :)

I've had a really good day today, so chuffed because I struggled yesterday just felt like eating all the things that I shouldn't and really wound myself up over it, I'm sure I had a devil on my shoulder. Anyway managed to ride the storm and went out and bought pork crunch and dark chocolate which helped a bit. Then decided to try a ketostick so glad I did because yes yes yes the stick went dark pink. I really wasn't expecting it so was really pleased. So I thought right sue sort yourself out, I spent hours last night looking at before and after pics on line and watched some really good stuff on YouTube, there's some really inspirational Atkins stories out there, I looked at everyone's diarys and felt like I was back in the right head space. It's something I shall make sure I do in future when I start thinking what's the point.

So today has been fantastic, made myself a lovely tea, homemade burgers wrapped in lettuce wow they were amazing. Didn't feel like lunch and had McDonald's sausage and egg mcmuffin minus the muffin for brekkie. Don't usually use McDonald's but my drunken daughter begged me to take her as she had a raging hangover and insisted that McDonald's breakfast was the only thing that would help (she was sick in the kitchen sink at two this morning) don't think she will be doing that again in a hurry. Well I hope not anyway. I ended up picking up her and her mates as just couldn't have let her get a taxi in that state, poor thing think she learnt her lesson lol.

Also my blood sugars are coming down, still not great but so much better which is the main reason for choosing Atkins and yet another reason I'm pleased I didn't listen to that devil yesterday.

Xxx

Morning Goldie, you gotta love those green smoothies. :) I always feel so healthy afterwards too.

Just noticed your amazing loss, well done you, I'll have a look at your diary later for some inspiration.

Have a great day. X

thanks so much Sue, and morning!

i was in a really long low place a few weeks ago and busy pointed out exercise being one of the things that gets you in. Better place mind wise, it's true but it's hard to get on it when you are feeling bleak. I've pushed this whole week to walk, sweat, run, and exercise my ass off and I am feeling brilliant but I know my personality only to well and I do worry I might get so down again and give up so I set myself a little target of one dAy At a time. I'm going to try out some smoothies :) I could even take them on my walks :) hope you have a good day!

Morning sue that smoothie sounds lovely, I need to buy an avocado so I can try it. Well done on resisting the demons yesterday.

thanks so much Sue, and morning!

i was in a really long low place a few weeks ago and busy pointed out exercise being one of the things that gets you in. Better place mind wise, it's true but it's hard to get on it when you are feeling bleak. I've pushed this whole week to walk, sweat, run, and exercise my ass off and I am feeling brilliant but I know my personality only to well and I do worry I might get so down again and give up so I set myself a little target of one dAy At a time. I'm going to try out some smoothies :) I could even take them on my walks :) hope you have a good day!

morning goldie

i think i am very much like you when it comes to exercise, i have an enormous collection of dvds some of which have never been used, i did manage 12 days of the 30 day shred once lol. the problem i have is with motivation and i really do struggle with my emotions at the moment. i am stuck but i know if i could get off my butt then it would really help but inside i just feel so empty sometimes.

i gave up my job in march this year to concentrate on my health and also i have recently moved in with my mom as i am her carer, we rented out our home and my lovely oh was great and is wonderful with my mom, my dd struggled a bit at first but has now settled in. i thought that it would have helped me as well as i was basically running two homes and working full time, i started struggling at work as there was a girl i worked with who was absolutely awful and really had started to get under my skin, in fact i stuck it longer than most as in the five years i worked there i watched her drive three lovely girls out, you know the type had half the office up her bum and the other half seething, problem was all the management thought she was great. i also needed to leave work as i was suffering from sciatica and back pain made worse from sitting down all day and also i have a hiatus hernia and gerd which was causing me alot of pain. i had a terrible problem with prescription painkillers and my gp who is great has had me on a taper program for a while and tomorrow i am meeting an addictions doctor who is going to prescribe me a tablet to replace painkillers and reduce withdrawals which is the last step in this process (i am proud of sorting this out). then found out i had diabetes which was the trigger to me to take stock and finally decide to leave work.

so really life should be getting easier for me but i am finding it hard to get going.

goldie thanks so much for your post its good to know that exercise has helped you when you were low xx

im sorry if i have banged on to much, but once i started it just sort of come out.

morning sammi and thanks :)

the smoothies are great when you fancy something light and they are filling too, i think you need the avocado but you can play around with other ingredients to suite your taste. xxxx

Oh sweetie - this is your diary and you can say whatever you like!

Anyway it's a real pleasure to read how you are coping amazingly with everything that life is chucking at you right now, you're doing great xx

Oh sweetie - this is your diary and you can say whatever you like!

Anyway it's a real pleasure to read how you are coping amazingly with everything that life is chucking at you right now, you're doing great xx

Thanks Susie x To be honest writing it down and then reading it back has been really good, it's made me see how far I have come and maybe that long rest has done me good, gotta stop beating myself up. Your right about it being my diary that is what it's for :)

I hope you are ok and thanks for your comments they really are appreciated xxx

Sunday

Breakfast - bacon and eggs

Late dinner - roast chicken dinner with lots veg and roasted butternut squash.

Monday

Brunch - Mushroom and cheese omelette

Tea - Homemade burgers wrapped in lettuce with guacamole.

Snacks - Blue cheese

Tuesday

Breakfast - just not hungry

Lunch - Prawn cocktail, I made sauce with mayo n tsp tomato puree with spinach, watercress and rocket.

Tea - Fish in sauce and salad.

Snacks - Pork crunch and two squares dark dark chocolate (2 gms carb)

Managed lots of water today, I've been busy decorating, yesterday did ceiling and today walls so have been extra thirsty.

Really pleased with how it's going I've noticed a drop in my appetite which is a great plus of Atkins for me.

Hope everyone's ok and I'll try to post a bit more regularly but you know what it's like.

Xxx

Weighed today and down to 14.6 lost 4lbs. That's 9 lb since I started Atkins and 4lbs since I started my diary. :happy036:

Only five weeks to my holiday and would love to be in the 13s by then so that's my next mini goal.

I've eaten a banana today for my lunch, I've had an upset stomach due to some meds I'm on and it was the only thing I could face, in fact it called to me lol. Suppose as far as having a cheat food goes it could have been far worse but just gotta pray that it won't kick me out of ketosis, will have to wait n see. Can't believe I feel naughty after eating a banana :angeldevil:

Back