1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Sugar alternative

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Jenni masters, 16 January 2014 Social URL.

1. Jenni masters

Jenni masters Well-Known Member

Hi can anyone recommend any sweeteners that are the nearest thing to sugar? I have 1 sugar in my tea and I've tried sweetener but it's just not the same thank you

2/1/14. 15st 2lb
    9/1/14. 15st 1lb (-1lb)
    15/1/14. 15st. (-1lb)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. BerryBerry

BerryBerry Well-Known Member

Truvia is the best one I have tried. I hate the acrid taste of the little pill ones you pop in and all the chemicals scare me!! To be honest I would just try cutting down have 1/2 tsp then 1/4 and see if you can wean yourself all together. Tea is lovely with no sweetness. Until then just count in your sugar into your calories/plan and understand you must sacrifice something else for the sweetness.

4. Jenni masters

Yeah I'm not keen on the chemicals either, I will try cutting down and if I can't I will try that one thank you

2/1/14. 15st 2lb
    9/1/14. 15st 1lb (-1lb)
    15/1/14. 15st. (-1lb)

5. Bonkers

Bonkers Well-Known Member

Hey

Accidentally discovered Splenda in caribou (i say accident coz I'd never heard of Splenda till that day and was using sweet n low till then - which sucked!).

I find Splenda to be the closest to sugar. No aftertaste. And amounts I use are same as white sugar I used to use.

6. Jenni masters

Thank you might try that I don't think I'm gonna be able to go with out sugar all together lol x

2/1/14. 15st 2lb
    9/1/14. 15st 1lb (-1lb)
    15/1/14. 15st. (-1lb)