sugar free chewing gum, CDC advice please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sophia-jo, 21 July 2007 Social URL.

1. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

hi there, a few of us have been wondering lately about chewing sugar free gum. I asked my CDC if I could have it and she said yes but I shouldnt have it too often due to the build up of acid in my tummy as the chewing motion sends a message to your brain telling it you are EATING.
    How about coming out of ketosis??
    Does anyone have a list of sugar free gum that we can trust not to take us out of ketosis, OR is there a telephone number or web site for us to ask CAMBRIDGE themselves?
    Desperado for a normal feeling mouth :eek:
    I have orange flavour sugar free trident in my reach.......:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Does the gum have any carbs??? Can you check the packet?

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

Official guidance is to avoid chewing gum as it can cause hunger in many people who chew it (and it does!)

If you decide to chew it anyway then only chew it for a very short period but if you can avoid it.

For fresh breath you can use mouthwash, goldspot or clean your teeth, also if you drink loads of water then the bad breath tends to be better as you wee out the ketones and not breath them out.

Mike

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.