Sugar free chewing gum

Hi,

im a newbie, starting CD tomorrow and am just wondering if its okay to chew sugar free chewing gum? My CDC wasn't sure when I asked and said it would prob bring me out of ketosis. She did say I could have sweetener in my tea though so surely as SF chewing gum contains sweetener rather than sugar it's only the same thing? What does anyone think?

Apologies if this has been talked about before, I have done a search of the forums and quite a trawl and found nothing on it, nor on a general google search.

BTW, I'm not just being awkward, I have to take medication which gives me a very dry mouth which I cope with by chewing sugar free gum. Don't know how I'm going to cope if I can't have it anymore

Hi there, I have chewed orbit complete all the way through my 9 week CWP journey & I've lost 3 stone so far, so for me the gum hasn't affected my losses... I have 2-3 pieces a day depending on how busy I am, I only chew for 15-20 mins, I find it helps with ketosis breath & helps overcome wanting to nibble on something lol Give it a go & see how you feel.. Good luck x

Hi there, I have chewed orbit complete all the way through my 9 week CWP journey & I've lost 3 stone so far, so for me the gum hasn't affected my losses... I have 2-3 pieces a day depending on how busy I am, I only chew for 15-20 mins, I find it helps with ketosis breath & helps overcome wanting to nibble on something lol Give it a go & see how you feel.. Good luck x

Thanks Joshellie,

thats good enough for me! Thank you, feel much better about it n
knowing I can probably get away with chewing sf gum cue to my dry mouth and the dreaded ketosis breath!

X

I thought it wasn't so much the calories etc, but the chewing action will make you more hungry as your stomach thinks it is about to be fed, and then you are more likely to cheat. I would definitely avoid for the first few days until you are in ketosis, and then I don't think it will make much difference.

I chew the odd bit of gum through necessity. My job involves me visiting people in their homes, and I don't think it would be terribly professional to inflict ketosis breath on the general public ;)

Back