Sugar Free Chewing Gum???

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by NiNiE, 15 May 2008 Social URL.

1. NiNiE

NiNiE Member

Does anyone know if chewing gum can slow down weight loss?? The pharmacist told me that you could have it in moderation as long as it was sugar free. Anyone got any advice for me???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    You can't have it on LL i'm afraid. There is something in the formulation that can knock you out of ketosis regardless of whether its sugar free or not.

Sorry!

4. Donnalou86

Donnalou86 Striving for slimness

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yeah I think it's citric acid, that it has in it. Not allowed I'm afraid. I would say breath freshener is your friend when it comes to tackling ketosis breath lol

5. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    you have to watch a lot of the mouth sprays too, gold spot is ok, but a lot of them contain citric acid too.

6. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I am amazed that LL do not do their own brand gum - they could make a fortune - all they need is the base gum mixed with St Clements, or with peppermint leaf and sweetner.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.