Sugar free chewing gum?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Zoe.D, 17 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Hi everyone, was wondering can we have sugar free chewing gum on ss as I have a terrible taste in my mouth and yucky feeling tongue. The breath freshner just isn't doing it. Thanks. Zoe xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Luci-De-Milo

Luci-De-Milo is going to do this!

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(17.06%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (CD)
    You aren't supposed to have it as it can make you hungry, however I do sometimes. I try not to do it too much, only when my breath is like unbearable lol, but then again I've always chewed a lot of gum (I'm a teenager so let me off!) so I may be used to the hunger feeling. It doesn't take you out of ketosis or anything either.

But the official CD word on it is don't do it, so best to stick away from it if you can. xxx

4. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

I just use for several chews to freshen my breath then I spit it out, only when I really need to.

5. Sammi N

Sammi N Anything but Regular

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oh this is very inciteful i was told i can have the sugar free gum, I was told "Extra" gum was fine and the cherry or liquorice airwaves. I was told to steer clear from all soft centred ones. I was also told i can have the "cambridge bars" straight away. Yet have seen that people have recommended to steer clear for the first 2 weeks! I chewed gum and ate the bars and lost 11lb in my first week. I'm now wondering if i should lay off them til after my second way in as i assume most of my first loss was water and i wouldnt want to effect my 2nd loss because of consuming extra to what i should be having!

6. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

I was also told sf gum was okish but only a few chews and ive been ok.x

7. Shopaholic

Shopaholic is back to finish the job

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.59%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Luci is right, you aren't meant to have gum, but here's the official wording from Cambridge website...

Can I chew calorie-free gum on the ‘Sole Source’ programme?

It is best not to because chewing gum stimulates the release of gastric juices which in turn will make you feel hungry. Only chew for 2 or 3 minutes if you feel you have to.

I'm thinking of getting some gum because the taste in my mouth is awful - and tooth brushing isn't helping much.

8. furrysmudge

furrysmudge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Bouncing back to Slimming World
    If you do have gum, remember not to have the fruit flavoured ones as some contain cictric acid (in particular the soft centered ones as has been already mentioned....) xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.