sugar free fix!!

krazykik

I have totally over indulged in sugar free chewing gum and after yet another very dodgy tummy I have decided I need to pack the chewing habit in!!! Anybody any other suggestions of a 'treat'? I am drinking lots of sugar free lemonade so kind of want something I can chew, jelly is a no-no for me!!!

Thanks!

Errr no. I use the gum, sweets, coke and jelly.

Have you tried just having a single pack of the chewing gum to hand....don't buy more than that each time, or lockthe rest away LOL.

I like the wrigleys Extra sugar free mints. Whereas the Aldi/Sula ones you can only have about 3 or 4 before the whoosh fairy visits, I find I can have about 6 of the mints without any side effects.

When you say the jelly is a nono, is it because its not chewy enough.

Try this milk pudding instead.

1pt Skim Milk
1 sachet Gelatine
1 egg Yolk
4 tbsp sweetner
Vanilla Esscene

Warm milk, once hot but not boiling, add the gelatin and stir constantly.
In seperate bowl, mix the vanilla with the egg yolk.
Once gelain is disolved slowly add some of the milk mixture to the yolk and then add that back into the rest of the milk and stir really well.
When it has fully mixed and is nearly at boiling point add the sweetner.
Then stiring all the time, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
Pour into a container, allow to cool then place in the fridge for about 3 hours.

I have used different flavourings in this, and it always tastes nice. You've got to be careful to not eat it all in one day otherwise you've used a lot of your dairy allowance. But it is nice to have as an extra. I smear some of the lemon curd on the top to make it into a lusious pudding.

Back