Sugar Free Gum

JustForMe

Gold Member
Are we allowed this? I like chewing gum it distracts me from eating? >.<

Hi Kels. Good luck with your first day and the whole of your diet :)
Chewing gum is a bit of a grey area. Some people find that chewing gum makes them more hungry whereas many find that the sugar free stuff helps. I personally don't find it a problem and it helps when I cook dinner for the family as it really does stop me from tasting the food all the time. You'd be surprised how much you can eat while making food that you don't even notice :( So the only way to find out is to try it and if you still feel hungry on the 4th day then maybe try cutting out the gum.
Make sure you drink loads of water - that will help distract you from food, as will the amount of time you spend in the loo the first few days lol ;) x

I have had sugar free chewing gum aswell, not only does it help to 'chew' something, but also it helps get rid of the motor breath that ketosis gives lol. I do tend to drink a bit more when I have chewing gum, not sure whether thats a mental thing or whether it makes me more thirsty or what actually lol.

Some people say no to it, but if it helps you, then thats fine right? Just make sure that if you do have it, that it won't lead to you wanting to eat some real food and then falling off the wagon.

I also like it. Especially if I am around people I find I am less concerned about bad breath if I am chewing gum. I am extreme as now brushin teeth 3 times a day, mouth wash, breath spray and gum. I have not found it makes me hungry but it makes me thirsty. I dont chew it everyday though, only as and when.
Good luck
x

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I voted in favour of gum, although I didn't have as many as I usually do. It helps chewing something for me, but as you have all said it's down to personal choice!

Back