Sugar free spice blends?

Does anyone sell blends of spice with no sugar in them? I would like to buy tandoori, cajun, tikka, jerk etc ready made as I don`t feel confident to make my own mix and the cost of buying all the individual ingredients would be :eek:

I would prefer to buy from a local supermarket but will order online if necessary.

Alternatively does anyone have any simple spice blends they make themselves please? So far I am using a bit of curry powder or garlic/chilli/mustard.

Thanks,
BK

Last edited:
I didn't want to read without posting, and I hope you get some replies from the more talented chefs among us.

I admit to keeping to simply mixing whatever I have in the cupboard - the stock of which has definitely increased since doing Dukan. Perhaps buy one thing per week if you like those sort of mixed spices so as to be able to make them yourself.

I'm now far more adventurous than I was prior to Dukan, so get marinating and see what results you come up with.

Spices aren't so expensive if you can buy from ethnic supermarkets - in my road I can buy bags of good fresh stuff for between 60p and a £1, and that compares very well with the cost of ready-made mixes at the supermarket. They also last much, much longer, and having 5 or 6 means I can very the mix day by day, so I don't get bored by exactly the same flavour, week-in, week-out.

I got a Tikka Masala spice kit from M&S...

Ingredients as follows:

Paprika, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, & Garam Masala which contains; Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper, Ground Cloves & Ground Cardamom.

It's basically just spices :D

Back