sugar free sweets, yay or nay.

Sarah2439

Hi peeps,

Well after waiting for my book I found that I could buy it diretly for my kindle, so I cancelled my postal order and loaded it on to my kindle last night. Having read most of it, it all seems straight forward.
:cool:
I've been on a few forums, all giving varying advice about the diet, but I was wondering whats the deal with sugar free sweets.

Having lost 3lb on my attack phase (which I am very thankful for seeing as I had a massive blip half way through my attack:D) I'm due to start my cruise phase today, but I am also due my monthly visitor so the sugar cravings are in overdrive. I've read somewhere that sugar free sweets are allowed, is this the case?? And if so are there any restrictions, i.e. can it only be boiled or jellies, and can I only have two or three a day? For the last 5 days I havent had any cravings for sugar, but I'm bloated and swollen this morning and really want some sugar, arrggghhh. The book doesnt mention sugar free sweets, but I have read a couple of times they are ok in moderation??:confused:

If not, does anyone have any tips to quash my cravings? I was thinking of making some sugar free jelly?? Dont know if it would help much.

thanks

S

Hi peeps,

Well after waiting for my book I found that I could buy it diretly for my kindle, so I cancelled my postal order and loaded it on to my kindle last night. Having read most of it, it all seems straight forward.
:cool:
I've been on a few forums, all giving varying advice about the diet, but I was wondering whats the deal with sugar free sweets.

Having lost 3lb on my attack phase (which I am very thankful for seeing as I had a massive blip half way through my attack:D) I'm due to start my cruise phase today, but I am also due my monthly visitor so the sugar cravings are in overdrive. I've read somewhere that sugar free sweets are allowed, is this the case?? And if so are there any restrictions, i.e. can it only be boiled or jellies, and can I only have two or three a day? For the last 5 days I havent had any cravings for sugar, but I'm bloated and swollen this morning and really want some sugar, arrggghhh. The book doesnt mention sugar free sweets, but I have read a couple of times they are ok in moderation??:confused:

If not, does anyone have any tips to quash my cravings? I was thinking of making some sugar free jelly?? Dont know if it would help much.

thanks

S

I wouldn't recommend more than two or three of the sugar free sweets, they mostly are made with sugar substitutes which will invite the whoosh fairy into your house! How about some rhubarb with sweetened plain yoghurt? personally I have a Muller light vanilla once or twice a week without any problems with my rhubarb which kind of makes it rhubarb and custard.

Its time of the month for me as well as I made some small coffee flavoured muffins, not great but something to nibble on with a cup of coffee.

Sugar free jelly is great, might just do the trick for your sugar fix enjoy x

Thanks for your help, I've bought a bag of sugar free sweets on line, should be here by the end of the week. Definately will be trying the sugar free jelly, was always put off thinking it wouldnt taste of anything, I'll try it and see.

i have de bron butter candy (taste like werthers) i buy from the sugarfree megastore online, but i find i usually only eat one or two sweets a week and some weeks none, maybe it is because i keep them in the cupboard out of sight or because i just don't have cravings for them i just don't know

Personally, I wouldn't, but to be fair I'm only on day 3 of the attack and feeling super motivated.

This morning I put a heaped teaspoon of sweetener in my tea (I don't usually take sugar, but NEEEEEEEDed something, anything)
Must say- it really did the trick. Obvs- not the same as all of the lovely things we love, but we wanna lose weight, right? :)

Sugar free jelly was a life saver for me. Not much substance to them, but just nice & sweet. you can also mix the crystals with fromage frais to make a mousse. Yum!

half a packet of sugar free polos yesterday to try and soothe my throat..... boy has the whoosh fairy taken up residence with me this morning

I had 7 sweets one after the other and I was in all sorts of trouble, the woosh fairy is an understatement, I was in pain too!! Lesson learnt I say. I now limit myself to 1 at a time, 3 to 4 times a day depending on my cravings. I takes the edge of the need for sweets, so works for me.

Back