Step 1 Sole Source Suggestions for a more adventurous weekly product order?

Chartreuse

Hi everyone, I'm going to be heading in to week 11 of SS tomorrow and I've noticed that I'm getting less and less adventurous with product.

I basically have choc mint shake, choc tetra, choc peanut bar, and oriental or veg soup. I've tried the porridge and hated it, I managed to explode the rice pudding in my microwave (but can't be bothered with the faff of trying it again). There are some products I've never tried. I've never used the water flavours or mix a mousse.

So, what would you recommend please? And thanks to Lizz for the ice recommendation, I did my shake in the blender with ice tonight and it was delicious, so more similar creative ways like this with product would be valued too, thanks.

The water flavours are super for making cambridge friendly jelly (made with powdered gelatine). The soups i add all sorts too...smoke paprika makes the chicken one like bbq chicken, add chopped chilli (also a good aid for weight loss) and coriander to the oriental one for a kick, a touch of vanilla extract (not essence) to the porridge, mix butterscotch and banana (so half a sachet of each) for a banoffee type flavour and have as ice cream. the mint bar is like aero flavour but crunchy...very nice....i dont like the chewy bars though...

Cant think of anything else right now...lol

I feel your pain I am literally living off mint choc shake and lemon bars lol. I have had the mint bar and that's nice too especially out of the fridge.
I've also taken lizzs ice cream tip which i may get new flavours of for next week.
I made the jelly using gelatine sheets 600mls then split into 2 bowls. I then make an ice cream shake and pour over top. It amazing. I've heard of people freezing tetras and heating up shakes in microwave making choc puddings but I have a really immune system and don't wanna get sick by killing off any nutrients so am happy with the blender version of ice cream.
Let me know what u try. I can't even face a soup or porridge and yet last time round I lived off porridge. X

Thanks ladies. I think I have to leave my adventures until next week, I only lost 1lb this week so my consultant thinks I ought not to try anything new until we see if it sorts itself next week. I've started taking Movicol on prescription, plus some prescribed vitamins, so perhaps they've affected it? I've stuck to SS 100% every day since day one :(

Thanks ladies. I think I have to leave my adventures until next week, I only lost 1lb this week so my consultant thinks I ought not to try anything new until we see if it sorts itself next week. I've started taking Movicol on prescription, plus some prescribed vitamins, so perhaps they've affected it? I've stuck to SS 100% every day since day one :(

What's movicol? What did you lose in your first week?

Current loss: 30lbs and 24inches

U don't need to know about movical missy it's a very strong powdered type of laxative and u aren't having any. It could be the movical making you retain water in your body whilst it gets used to it hun so be patient and see what happens. I'm a dr and just wondering did u need movical or have issues pre Cambridge as it's not a first line option usually x

U don't need to know about movical missy it's a very strong powdered type of laxative and u aren't having any. It could be the movical making you retain water in your body whilst it gets used to it hun so be patient and see what happens. I'm a dr and just wondering did u need movical or have issues pre Cambridge as it's not a first line option usually x

Haha omg no I don't need that in my world!! Dulcalox was bad enough and I rarely use that.

Hi Autumn, I have a litany of health fun, and hard to say how much would have arisen regardless of the diet. Ok so I've had water retention before, but on this diet it's very bad. Lasts longer, hurts more, etc. Have had blood tests and was very slightly protein deficient which GP says may have contributed to water issues. I was also Vitamin D deficient, which is fairly common in us indoor dwelling Northern European sorts. Got high dose supplements for that. The Movicol is due to my going several days between being able to use the loo (up to a week). My GP prescribed two a day but after one at night and one the next day, I was sufficiently moved (!) to cease taking it! My vitamin tablets have sugar in the ingredients, though heaven knows it can only be a few grains. My Movicol lists Citric Acid. I checked using Ketostix and I'm still in ketosis. But my ankles are cankles once again (ovulation, this time). Gawd, but I can't half whinge! Forgive the extensive medical notes!

Hi Lizz, I have had some great losses recently (see my sig), so I'm just being a fusspot about this week. It'll shift. I do tend to have very varied weekly losses but a good average. Thanks again for the menu suggestions, some good stuff there. I see from some of your other posts that you're a keen cook like me. I really miss cooking, and don't have anyone to do it for at the moment. I'm looking forward to making some fresh healthy food later this year :)

Hi Lizz, I have had some great losses recently (see my sig), so I'm just being a fusspot about this week. It'll shift. I do tend to have very varied weekly losses but a good average. Thanks again for the menu suggestions, some good stuff there. I see from some of your other posts that you're a keen cook like me. I really miss cooking, and don't have anyone to do it for at the moment. I'm looking forward to making some fresh healthy food later this year :)

Hun, we've been on it the same amount of time and I've lost over 10lbs less than you!
The 1lb loss isn't a big deal at all.
Faff about with your products and I have no doubt at all that you'll still lose next week.
You shouldn't worry about it honestly, and neither should your consultant!

I do love cooking, I keep wanting to make stuff but it's just
Myself and my daughter and she has all her meals at school :( it sucks but hey, small price to pay

Hi Autumn, I have a litany of health fun, and hard to say how much would have arisen regardless of the diet. Ok so I've had water retention before, but on this diet it's very bad. Lasts longer, hurts more, etc. Have had blood tests and was very slightly protein deficient which GP says may have contributed to water issues. I was also Vitamin D deficient, which is fairly common in us indoor dwelling Northern European sorts. Got high dose supplements for that. The Movicol is due to my going several days between being able to use the loo (up to a week). My GP prescribed two a day but after one at night and one the next day, I was sufficiently moved (!) to cease taking it! My vitamin tablets have sugar in the ingredients, though heaven knows it can only be a few grains. My Movicol lists Citric Acid. I checked using Ketostix and I'm still in ketosis. But my ankles are cankles once again (ovulation, this time). Gawd, but I can't half whinge! Forgive the extensive medical notes!

Mmm well as the calories are limited as is food intake nobody needs to go each day opening their bowels but it tends to be the billing of fibre that we are short of not the actual movement of pushing it out. I would suggest a bulking agent which cd do and once bowels are next opened start on two heaped teaspoons a day of the fibre in a shake and in a couple of days of doing that you should be able to go naturally. It's not healthy using laxatives too regularly especially on this diet. If however when u age before cd u were also constipated then that's a different issue. The citric acid effects ketosis but doesn't make u gain weight. Hormones play a large part in water retention too (I work in obs and gynea) and especially if women have pcos etc.
Changing flavours of products won't effect your losses that's for sure xx

Thanks Lizz, my consultant wasn't worried so much as she thought that introducing new things like mousse and water flavours might cloud the matter when trying to monitor weekly results. She is ok with my loss. Thanks again xx

Hi Autumn, I have had ibs-type problems before and iron always bungs me up. It was painful, without the moisture (which Movicol adds back) and fibre (which I used to get plenty of pre-CWP). I'm tempted to try supplementing with fibre once the immediate problems are sorted. I'm not keen on long-term reliance on laxatives either.

I'm sure my water retention is largely hormonal (I don't have PCOS), but seems much exaggerated and prolonged on the plan. I had hoped being lighter and getting plenty of fluids would help. The good news is that all my other bloods (and urine) came back excellent, so no kidney or liver problems implicated.

Like I say, I think I'm mainly just being fussy this week. I spend too much time inside my own head, and worrying about everything. Thanks for your advice, it's lovely how supportive this forum can be x

Hi Autumn, I have had ibs-type problems before and iron always bungs me up. It was painful, without the moisture (which Movicol adds back) and fibre (which I used to get plenty of pre-CWP). I'm tempted to try supplementing with fibre once the immediate problems are sorted. I'm not keen on long-term reliance on laxatives either. I'm sure my water retention is largely hormonal (I don't have PCOS), but seems much exaggerated and prolonged on the plan. I had hoped being lighter and getting plenty of fluids would help. The good news is that all my other bloods (and urine) came back excellent, so no kidney or liver problems implicated. Like I say, I think I'm mainly just being fussy this week. I spend too much time inside my own head, and worrying about everything. Thanks for your advice, it's lovely how supportive this forum can be x

I wouldn't worry then sounds like a short term diet thing that will rectify itself long term. But start that fibre powder for the bulking I used it last time and had 2 scoops a day in a shake u can't taste it but it makes your poop slide right out believe me u won't need movical long term if I keep that up lol. Xx

Sold!! I get grumpy if I can't go to the loo! I might have an Epsom Salts bath before bed, I think it slightly helps with my water retention. Fuss, fuss, grumble, grumble :0bathtime:

i really wouldnt worry about the messing with products hun. if it keeps you on plan having a fiddle its a good thing, and youre losses are so consistently good its just a blip! :)

Just to update that the 1lb loss must have been just one of those things, because I managed a 5lbs loss again this week, and I'm beyond thrilled! Feel brilliant. Thanks again for all your positivity and support for my difficult week. There will be more, I'm sure, but I just have to maintain my belief! :)

Back