Suitable exercise to begin with after lower back injury

Hi all

Back after long absence. Most recently, I damaged my lower back(muscle strain) and now am recovering from it through the usual route. I have been told no lasting damage(phew!:sigh:) Unfortunately my weight has yo-yoed over the lastfew months:cry:and I believe my weight has probably contributed to my lower back pain. I finally think this may be the final straw as it has frightened me and do not want to relive the discomfort I have felt.

I am looking to finally need to get my fitness back on track. Can anyone suggest a safe route into exercising again? I have posted before as have JM dvd's, Wii cardio, the biggest loser etc.. but I dont feel they would be appropriate to get myself back without further injury. Not sure if a gym:eek: would benefit on both areas of fitness, weight loss

Thanks so much

xx

Hi all

Back after long absence. Most recently, I damaged my lower back(muscle strain) and now am recovering from it through the usual route. I have been told no lasting damage(phew!:sigh:) Unfortunately my weight has yo-yoed over the lastfew months:cry:and I believe my weight has probably contributed to my lower back pain. I finally think this may be the final straw as it has frightened me and do not want to relive the discomfort I have felt.

I am looking to finally need to get my fitness back on track. Can anyone suggest a safe route into exercising again? I have posted before as have JM dvd's, Wii cardio, the biggest loser etc.. but I dont feel they would be appropriate to get myself back without further injury. Not sure if a gym:eek: would benefit on both areas of fitness, weight loss

Thanks so much

xx

I'm back after 2 years of back and hip pain and have to be careful as chronic pain full recovery unlikely. Swimming is the obvious one but I hate it. Pilates is an absolute must as protecting you back needs a strong core. Davina is good but the lower intensity ones - a minute of cardio mixed with strength and core where you can protect your back. I've just done day 1 level 1 30 day shred as my davina DVD is broken - ill see how I am tomorrow - I felt less control over my core by swapping exercises around - need slow and steady and good strong movement

Good luck

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, hope you can at least be pain free for as long and good luck on your journeyman

I do have the dvd's you mentioned, I thought they may have been to severe to get hsck into. Unfortunately swimming is only available via gym membership, and I have the tools and equipment at home in the short-term to get myself fitter.

Hoping to restart on Wii basics this week. Whilst looking at other threads, I may try Leslie Sansone dvd. If we actually get some persistent good weather I can restart walking to and from work daily( 6 miles round trip)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, hope you can at least be pain free for as long and good luck on your journeyman

I do have the dvd's you mentioned, I thought they may have been to severe to get hsck into. Unfortunately swimming is only available via gym membership, and I have the tools and equipment at home in the short-term to get myself fitter.

Hoping to restart on Wii basics this week. Whilst looking at other threads, I may try Leslie Sansone dvd. If we actually get some persistent good weather I can restart walking to and from work daily( 6 miles round trip)

Pilates and walking should be ok and yes the Wii is pretty good. Hope it goes well

Back