Summary of my week...

Squ1rrel

This has been the first week on a low GI/GL diet and I am still getting used to it and trying to figure out the foods I can have and those I cant - I thought if I wrote down some of the things I've had this week some of you on this forum could take a look and tell me if I'm on the right tracks and where I am going wrong. I've mainly been sticking to a low carb diet which I know is not always the same as low GI but I hope I'm getting there!

Example Breakfasts:
Porridge sweetened with Agave
Toasted Rye Bread with pure fruit jam
Scrambled Egg with smoked salmon
Natural Yoghurt with honey

Example Lunch
:
Quinoa salad with chilli dressing
Wholewheat Pitta with Halloumi & Spinach
Wholewheat Pitta with sliced ham
Baked Sweet potato with Tuna & Mozarella
Rye Bread with Smoked Salmon
Spicy Lentil & Bean Burger (had lunch out for colleagues birthday so hope I made a sensible choice)

Example Dinner:
Fishcake with swede mash & veg
Chicken & Mozarella wrapped in Prosciutto served with green veg
Chicken Kebabs in a lime & herb marinade served with green veg
Vegetable curry served with Bulgar Wheat
Smoked Haddock Kedgeree (made with Bulgar Wheat)

Snacks: Apple, Banana, Walnuts, Dark Chocolate,

Portion sizes are small - except for the vegetable curry which my husband made and for some reason he cant do small portions!!

How am I doing?

Thank you! Glad to hear I'm not way off!! I've never done anything like GI before and I'm still not sure I fully understand it but glad to know I'm on the right lines. I've been looking at some of the recipes that are on the sticky here and hoping to incorporate some of them into my meals soon. I've actually got an Oat Scone Loaf in the oven as we speak - fingers crossed it turns out okay!! :cross:

Back